Gotta Be Nice To Me, I Had To Sit Through 4 Hours of Leftist Propaganda

Annie

Diamond Member
Nov 22, 2003
in the name of education. :coffee3:

In the never ending quest to relevancy the state of Illinois has come out with social studies standards, which has to be very cool, since there isn't agreement on the national level of any group of what the standards should be. Plowing right ahead, Illinois will begin 'implementation' next year:

http://www.isbe.state.il.us/ils/social_science/standards.htm

Equally absurd, the diocese is now going to make us write 'Catholic Standards' that align with the state standards, which are based on nothing. So, being drafted onto the diocesan committee for Social Justice Infusion Into the Social Studies Committee I had the honor of listening to a presentation by a professor from Fordham U. in NY. One thing he said that I did agree with, "We are at a crisis in our public school education systems, in that because many states are not doing standardized testing on social studies, many of the public schools are no longer teaching it, especially if they are in trouble. In parochial schools, if we have to 'steal time' to teach other material, we steal from religion. I guess in the public schools, they hit social studies.

Well at least he was hot looking and the right age, but probably gay. :laugh: Lots of talk about how lucky he was as the son of Irish immigrants and coming of age during Vietnam and the Civil Rights movement. Having looked at our 'credentials' he kept asking me to 'back him up' on things having to do with sociology and political movements. Aaaarrrrggg. Unfortunately for me, there were high school principals there whom I might have to ask for a job, so I went along for the most part. Only getting in some 'zingers' by using, "I can imagine a secondary student questioning that on this basis...."

At least 5 times he said, "You won't hear this on FOX News..." and "...in the past 6 years this administration has....(nothing good). What a day. :sleep:

You have my sympathies. First, isn't it aggravating how there's this easy assumption that "we" are all on the liberal side? It's like going out with a group of lawyers --- as bad as teachers for left-wing crap --- and they'll just assume in conversation everyone's a Democrat. Never mind the views I express here --- it's tough enough in some settings just to talk about "standard-issue" conservative positions without a hostile crowd forming.

William Joyce said:
You have my sympathies. First, isn't it aggravating how there's this easy assumption that "we" are all on the liberal side? It's like going out with a group of lawyers --- as bad as teachers for left-wing crap --- and they'll just assume in conversation everyone's a Democrat. Never mind the views I express here --- it's tough enough in some settings just to talk about "standard-issue" conservative positions without a hostile crowd forming.

Well I doubt my audience was as far from the mark as one of yours might be Wj, but you do have a point. Considering the first point he made was an encyclicle (sic) regarding the freedom of humans, I was mightily tempted to jump in about Iraq and the testimony of today. I refrained, coward be my name. Damn the high school principals.

MtnBiker said:
Holy Hell! Kathianne I won't complain about my sales meetings as much now. :D
Thank you, that is what i was looking for. :laugh:

Mr. P said:
DAMN what a TITLE!!! :rotflmao:
Now you see what we are up against! To be for the War is to be against social justice! :rolleyes:

Kathianne said:
in the name of education. :coffee3:

In the never ending quest to relevancy the state of Illinois has come out with social studies standards, which has to be very cool, since there isn't agreement on the national level of any group of what the standards should be. Plowing right ahead, Illinois will begin 'implementation' next year:

http://www.isbe.state.il.us/ils/social_science/standards.htm

Equally absurd, the diocese is now going to make us write 'Catholic Standards' that align with the state standards, which are based on nothing. So, being drafted onto the diocesan committee for Social Justice Infusion Into the Social Studies Committee I had the honor of listening to a presentation by a professor from Fordham U. in NY. One thing he said that I did agree with, "We are at a crisis in our public school education systems, in that because many states are not doing standardized testing on social studies, many of the public schools are no longer teaching it, especially if they are in trouble. In parochial schools, if we have to 'steal time' to teach other material, we steal from religion. I guess in the public schools, they hit social studies.

Well at least he was hot looking and the right age, but probably gay. :laugh: Lots of talk about how lucky he was as the son of Irish immigrants and coming of age during Vietnam and the Civil Rights movement. Having looked at our 'credentials' he kept asking me to 'back him up' on things having to do with sociology and political movements. Aaaarrrrggg. Unfortunately for me, there were high school principals there whom I might have to ask for a job, so I went along for the most part. Only getting in some 'zingers' by using, "I can imagine a secondary student questioning that on this basis...."

At least 5 times he said, "You won't hear this on FOX News..." and "...in the past 6 years this administration has....(nothing good). What a day. :sleep:

My condolences. Hope you have a better tomorrow.

Kathianne said:
Now you see what we are up against! To be for the War is to be against social justice! :rolleyes:
Oh I’ve known for years what you are up against. That’s one reason I have the highest regard for someone dedicated to “teaching”, opposed to those that give it lip service and bail in a year or so, or just look for tenure and float until retirement.

Forum List

Back