Got $400?

gipper

Diamond Member
Jan 8, 2011
Amazing. Millions of Americans have a bleak economic future. What a terrible mess the elites and pols have wrought.

I suppose if an R were in the WH, the MSM would make this a big story.

The Secret Shame of Middle-Class Americans
Nearly half of Americans would have trouble finding $400 to pay for an emergency. I’m one of them.

Since 2013,the federal reserve board has conducted a survey to “monitor the financial and economic status of American consumers.” Most of the data in the latest survey, frankly, are less than earth-shattering: 49 percent of part-time workers would prefer to work more hours at their current wage; 29 percent of Americans expect to earn a higher income in the coming year; 43 percent of homeowners who have owned their home for at least a year believe its value has increased. But the answer to one question was astonishing. The Fed asked respondents how they would pay for a $400 emergency. The answer: 47 percent of respondents said that either they would cover the expense by borrowing or selling something, or they would not be able to come up with the $400 at all. Four hundred dollars! Who knew?

The Secret Shame of Middle-Class Americans Living Paycheck to Paycheck

I have 400 bucks yet I am not middle class.....awwww......the more you make, the more you get used to spending....

Absolutely, and the solution would be to give more tax cuts to the job creators so the wealth can tinkle down...

:coffee:

^ Moron ^

Considering that middle class people pay more in Federal-State-Local-Sales-Property-Taxes than they do for Housing+Food+Clothes. Cutting taxes for everyone would benefit the middle class....mostly by denying funding to the Government to make their lives miserable with Busy Body Regulations while making them pay for the "privilege".

Americans pay more in taxes than for housing, food, clothes combined In One Chart

Amazing. Millions of Americans have a bleak economic future. What a terrible mess the elites and pols have wrought.

The Secret Shame of Middle-Class Americans
Nearly half of Americans would have trouble finding $400 to pay for an emergency. I’m one of them.

Since 2013,the federal reserve board has conducted a survey to “monitor the financial and economic status of American consumers.” Most of the data in the latest survey, frankly, are less than earth-shattering: 49 percent of part-time workers would prefer to work more hours at their current wage; 29 percent of Americans expect to earn a higher income in the coming year; 43 percent of homeowners who have owned their home for at least a year believe its value has increased. But the answer to one question was astonishing. The Fed asked respondents how they would pay for a $400 emergency. The answer: 47 percent of respondents said that either they would cover the expense by borrowing or selling something, or they would not be able to come up with the $400 at all. Four hundred dollars! Who knew?

The Secret Shame of Middle-Class Americans Living Paycheck to Paycheck

well, things are much better than when R's ran things.....despite intentional obstruction by the right.

imagine how much better it would be if you got out of the way.

THAT is probably why it isn't a story.

People don't have $400 to scrape together, but they do have big screen TVs, multiple computers, the latest cell phone, a late model car, and a full closet.

Our culture has done this, it's a self-inflicted wound, and only our culture can fix it.

which makes me question the validity of the story

Personally, I think this is a bait thread...

But yes, I have $400...

Where's fbj????

run_away.gif

Absolutely, and the solution would be to give more tax cuts to the job creators so the wealth can tinkle down...

^ Moron ^

Considering that middle class people pay more in Federal-State-Local-Sales-Property-Taxes than they do for Housing+Food+Clothes. Cutting taxes for everyone would benefit the middle class....mostly by denying funding to the Government to make their lives miserable with Busy Body Regulations while making them pay for the "privilege".

Americans pay more in taxes than for housing, food, clothes combined In One Chart
Union workers at Ford gm and Chrysler in flint and detroit didnt mind paying taxes because they were making good money. Now those jobs are in mexico and china.

Republicans brag that the rich pay all the taxes. That's what happens when you have all the money.

^ Moron ^

Union workers at Ford gm and Chrysler in flint and detroit didnt mind paying taxes because they were making good money. Now those jobs are in mexico and china.

Republicans brag that the rich pay all the taxes. That's what happens when you have all the money.
The collapse of the middle class is hardly a partisan issue. Both party's are culpable...and both are criminal enterprises.

^ Moron ^

The collapse of the middle class is hardly a partisan issue. Both party's are culpable...and both are criminal enterprises.
No I do blame one side more than the other but I do agree the Democrats haven't represented labor or unions nearly as well as they should have.

But remember who's at fault here. We don't show up to midterms but the pro NAFTA crowd does so they make the rules. Don't like it vote every two years

Forum List

Back