GOP's Proposed "Cut-Go" Rule Will Add Billions to Deficit, Distort the Budgetary

Even Republican economists, like former CBO Director Doug Holtz-Eakin, concede that "there is no serious research evidence" to support the too frequent claim that "tax cuts pay for themselves."

Yet reality doesn't stop the mythmakers. Now this old concept has returned in the proposed Republican "Cut-Go" rule, which excludes any requirement that tax cuts be offset. This change demonstrates Republican indifference to our growing national debt except as an excuse for cutting current public initiatives that they wish to weaken or eliminate.

Grover Norquest told us a long time ago what the REAL AGENDA of the GOP was

"My goal is to cut government in twenty-five years, to get it down to the size where we can drown it in the bathtub."

Even Republican economists, like former CBO Director Doug Holtz-Eakin, concede that "there is no serious research evidence" to support the too frequent claim that "tax cuts pay for themselves."

Yet reality doesn't stop the mythmakers. Now this old concept has returned in the proposed Republican "Cut-Go" rule, which excludes any requirement that tax cuts be offset. This change demonstrates Republican indifference to our growing national debt except as an excuse for cutting current public initiatives that they wish to weaken or eliminate.

Grover Norquest told us a long time ago what the REAL AGENDA of the GOP was

"My goal is to cut government in twenty-five years, to get it down to the size where we can drown it in the bathtub."

So, you're expecting to be taken seriously by stating that the 'REAL AGENDA' of the GOP equates to the opinion of one man? Because the quote you provided - to back up your (somewhat ridiculous) claim, very clearly states "My goal...". Should it not read "The goal of the GOP...." assuming, of course, that it is the goal of the GOP?

Honestly, editec, engage brain, then post. Thanks.

And..... FYI.... anyone who reads the HuffPuff is a brain dead moron.

Forum List

Back