GOP tax plan: Hypocrisy on parade

J.E.D

Gold Member
Jul 28, 2011
Tax cuts for the rich, good; Obama's tax cuts for the poor and working class, bad. Republicans say Obama's tax cuts were meant to be temporary. Maybe they were, but so were the Bush tax cuts. If we can't raise taxes on the rich in a stale economy (the Republican argument until they change their reasoning once the economy improves), then why is it okay to raise taxes on the poor and working class in a stale economy? Oh, that's right, these are Obama tax cuts; so, they must be bad.

Republican Senators Face Risks With Tax Cut Plan - NYTimes.com

WASHINGTON — Senate Republicans will press this week to extend tax cuts for affluent families scheduled to expire Jan. 1, but the same Republican tax plan would allow a series of tax cuts for the working poor and the middle class to end next year.

Republicans say the tax breaks for lower-income families — passed with little notice in the extensive 2009 economic stimulus law — were always supposed to be temporary. But President Obama had made them a priority in 2009 and demanded their extension in 2010 as a price for extending the Bush-era tax cuts for two years, and both the White House and Senate Democrats are determined to extend them again.

That sets up a potentially tricky issue for Republicans. They have said they do not want taxes to go up on anyone while the economy struggles to gain altitude, but under their plan, written by Senator Orrin G. Hatch of Utah, the senior Republican on the Finance Committee, about 13 million families would see their tax refunds reduced, and some would see their taxes increase.

“Senator Hatch’s amendment would extend tax breaks for the top 2 percent of Americans,” Senator Harry Reid of Nevada, who leads the Senate’s Democratic majority, said this month. “But it fails to extend a number of tax cuts that help middle-class families get by in a tough economy.”

• Banned
They're going to be in trouble when Grover gets home.

Tax cuts for all tax payers would work.

The 50% that dont pay taxes starting to pay would work too.

Per your link, Obama wants to go back to the Clinton tax rate for those filthy rich people you envy.

But Bush extracted a cool trillion more from the rich than Clinton, thanks to his tax policies.

Why would dumbass Liberals want to go back to Clinton's tax rate on the rich?

• Banned
Per your link, Obama wants to go back to the Clinton tax rate for those filthy rich people you envy.

But Bush extracted a cool trillion more from the rich than Clinton, thanks to his tax policies.

Right, Obama wants the people who can afford it, and who have seen their income increase steadily over the last 30 yrs, to contribute more; Republicans want to ask the people who can't afford it, and who have seen their income decrease steadily over the last 30 yrs, to contribute more.

You were saying?

President Obama had made them a priority in 2009 and demanded their extension in 2010 as a price for extending the Bush-era tax cuts for two years, and both the White House and Senate Democrats are determined to extend them again.

wait a minute...I thought we were told he was FORCED to extend these?

now all of sudden we find out he Demanded they be extended

this the game they play

Right, Obama wants the people who can afford it, and who have seen their income increase steadily over the last 30 yrs, to contribute more; Republicans want to ask the people who can't afford it, and who have seen their income decrease steadily over the last 30 yrs, to contribute more.

You were saying?

Of course I am right.

Let me ask you again, dumbass.

Why would you want to extract LESS taxes from those evil rich people by going back to the Clinton tax rates?

You were saying?

well too damn bad what OBAMA WANTS..He should move to a country where he can be King
Obama had to be dragged kicking and screaming to EXTEND the Bush tax cuts in the first place..so you people can stop blowing smoke up our asses

You were saying?

Of course I am right.

Why would you want to extract LESS taxes from those evil rich people by going back to the Clinton tax rates?

Why would I want to go back to the Clinton tax rates that contributed to the Clinton economy? 22 million jobs created over 8 yrs as opposed to Bush's 3 million jobs? Gee, I don't know.

BTW, how many times a day to you jack off to Hillary Clinton? You do seem a bit obsessed.

You were saying?

well too damn bad what OBAMA WANTS..He should move to a country where he can be King
Obama had to be dragged kicking and screaming to EXTEND the Bush tax cuts in the first place..so you people can stop blowing smoke up our asses

waaaa.jpg

You were saying?

waaaa.jpg

cute picture of you dear...but I don't think you should post it for all to see

You were saying?

Of course I am right.

Why would I want to go back to the Clinton tax rates that contributed to the Clinton economy? 22 million jobs created over 8 yrs as opposed to Bush's 3 million jobs? Gee, I don't know.

BTW, how many times a day to you jack off to Hillary Clinton? You do seem a bit obsessed.

No, asshole.

Concentrate.

You want to extract more tax receipts from those evul rich people you envy. That was the purpose of your thread.

With his tax policies, Bush extracted a trillion more from those greedy greedy rich people you envy than did Clinton.

Why would you want to give that back to those greedy greedy rich people you envy?

Not quite sure if this can be dumbed down any further for you, this being the third attempt and all, but let me know and I will try again.

Afterall, I am here to help you!

How's that Social Security tax cut working out as a job creator? How man new hires can an average household make with the $100/month in tax cuts?

Of course I am right.

No, asshole.

Concentrate.

You want to extract more tax receipts from those evul rich people you envy. That was the purpose of your thread.

With his tax policies, Bush extracted a trillion more from those greedy greedy rich people you envy than did Clinton.

Why would you want to give that back to those greedy greedy rich people you envy?

Not quite sure if this can be dumbed down any further for you, this being the third attempt and all, but let me know and I will try again.

Afterall, I am here to help you!

Wrong, dumb ass. The purpose of this thread is to point out the hypocrisy of congressional republicans (not that they needed any help).

Let me help you out. 22 million vs 3 million.

Now get back to stroking it to Hillary.

Equal treatment in taxation good... equal rate on every dollar earned by every citizen with zero exception, zero loophole, zero deduction... GOOD

Pandering based on subjective fairness written into the tax code... BAD

Forum List

Back