GOP Senate Nominee Sharron Angle Breaks Her Silence

Modbert

Daydream Believer
Sep 2, 2008
http://www.8newsnow.com/Global/story.asp?S=12670353

LAS VEGAS - As Sharron Angle greeted supporters at Stoney's Restaurant in Las Vegas, 8 News NOW Reporter Nathan Baca approached her to ask about her Social Security plan.

Her website calls for "transitioning out" Social Security and Medicare.

"Why do you want to eliminate (Social Security) for younger folks, because your plan calls for transitioning out," Baca asked.

"You believe the Harry Reid lie," Angle replied.

When asked to define "transitioning out", Angle said, "Transition into a personalized account… personalized Social Security accounts that they can't raid."

The stock market, Baca countered, almost crashed in 2008, meaning millions of seniors would have had their savings accounts wiped out.

Angle replied, "Now, you're putting words into my mouth from Harry Reid. I want you to be very clear on this. I'm here to save Social Security… Harry Reid is here to bankrupt Social Security."

Baca then asked Angle about her quote calling for the elimination of the Environmental Protection Agency. "Why do you want to eliminate the EPA when we're in our worst environmental disaster in this country," Baca asked.

Angle replied, "Where are you getting these questions? The issues are not about the EPA… The issues are homes here in Nevada… He is trying to make this a campaign about me. But, where's Harry? Go ask him… Please go ask Harry about the EPA, and why they have failed."

And why you want to eliminate it," Baca asked.

"Why they have failed to do what they needed to do in the Gulf," Angle answered.

Angle walked away when asked about her website once advocating the United States' withdrawal from the United Nations. She then gave a 20 minute interview to conservative radio talk show host Roger Hedgecock.

She told the assembled media she'd answer four questions, but refused to answer Baca's question about a previous Angle statement in which she said, "If this Congress keeps going the way it is, people are really looking towards those Second Amendment remedies." Baca kept asking into the parking lot, but received no answer.

The reaction from the Angle campaign was swift. A campaign spokesperson called Nathan Baca "an idiot" and another term that can't be repeated. The campaign spokesman did say he would detail Angle's positions, but he refused to answer on camera

Holy shit Republicans and Tea Partiers, you nominated a candidate that is somehow worse than Harry Reid. I never thought it was possible, but you somehow accomplished it.

That woman is a grade A idiot.

Why don't TeaBaggers and Repubs generate all kinds of conspiracy theories when their candidates dodge questions and hide their true positions? I'd be a little skeptical and worried that my candidate is hiding something.

Not many voters will support doing away with Medicare either.
Doing away with both Soc. Sec. and Medicare is a wingnut's wet dream. They never supported either from the beginning.

She is going to be a lot of fun...

Harry Reid must be licking his chops. Thanks Tea Baggers!

GOP Senate Nominee Sharron Angle Breaks Her Silence - KLAS-TV Channel 8 News Las Vegas

LAS VEGAS - As Sharron Angle greeted supporters at Stoney's Restaurant in Las Vegas, 8 News NOW Reporter Nathan Baca approached her to ask about her Social Security plan.

"Why do you want to eliminate (Social Security) for younger folks, because your plan calls for transitioning out," Baca asked.

When asked to define "transitioning out", Angle said, "Transition into a personalized account… personalized Social Security accounts that they can't raid."

The stock market, Baca countered, almost crashed in 2008, meaning millions of seniors would have had their savings accounts wiped out.

Angle replied, "Now, you're putting words into my mouth from Harry Reid. I want you to be very clear on this. I'm here to save Social Security… Harry Reid is here to bankrupt Social Security."

"Why they have failed to do what they needed to do in the Gulf," Angle answered.

Angle walked away when asked about her website once advocating the United States' withdrawal from the United Nations. She then gave a 20 minute interview to conservative radio talk show host Roger Hedgecock.

She told the assembled media she'd answer four questions, but refused to answer Baca's question about a previous Angle statement in which she said, "If this Congress keeps going the way it is, people are really looking towards those Second Amendment remedies." Baca kept asking into the parking lot, but received no answer.

The reaction from the Angle campaign was swift. A campaign spokesperson called Nathan Baca "an idiot" and another term that can't be repeated. The campaign spokesman did say he would detail Angle's positions, but he refused to answer on camera

Holy shit Republicans and Tea Partiers, you nominated a candidate that is somehow worse than Harry Reid. I never thought it was possible, but you somehow accomplished it.

Wow, that interview clearly proves she's worse than moonbat Harry Reid ..... :cuckoo:

She's bitching that Reid wants to make the campaign about her?

Isn't she the candidate? Doesn't she want to be Senator? Doesn't she want to advance her agenda?

This IS the Tea Party folks. They can't call this one an exception to the rule or an unfair example or whatever else they've tried in the past to weasel out from under the long parade of tea party nutcases that have been highlighted.

This is the genuine article. :lol::lol::lol:

GOP Senate Nominee Sharron Angle Breaks Her Silence - KLAS-TV Channel 8 News Las Vegas

I don't know why or how they did it. Their other candidate had the chicken issue but she was not nearly as bad as Angle.

Conservatives are cowering in fear of the teaparty. They continue to do so at their own peril.

i think they answered harry reid's prayers. they'd have probably had a slam dunk otherwise.

*shakes head*

Showing the value of the Tea Party to the left

i think they answered harry reid's prayers. they'd have probably had a slam dunk otherwise.

*shakes head*

Showing the value of the Tea Party to the left

You may be right about that. Maybe we object too much about that teaparty. They could be our best friends.

:eusa_think:

The bright side is that Sharon Angle takes the pressure off of Rand Paul

Neither one will talk outside of FoxNews until November

And EXACTLY what did she state that was incorrect?

1. Social Security and Medicare are headed to bankruptsy--because in fact, the Federal Government has raided it over decades to pay for wars--give-a-ways to foreign countries and about anything and everything that had nothing to do with Americans social security or their health care---:lol::lol: Putting your 12.6% of your gross wages--that you and your employer pay toward your social security into a SAFE--bombproof simple passbook savings account would net you much more than the diddly sqwat you're going to get back from the Federal Government.

2. Obviously the EPA has failed in the Gulf. Primarily it is because of their insistance that we cannot drill in Anwar and many parts of this country--that we are in a mile deep water--in which we cannot plug this hole. I would call that complete failure and incompetance.

Now what else do you liberals feel that the Federal Government should help you with--:lol::lol::lol:

And EXACTLY what did she state that was incorrect?

1. Social Security and Medicare are headed to bankruptsy--because in fact, the Federal Government has raided it over decades to pay for wars--give-a-ways to foreign countries and about anything and everything that had nothing to do with Americans social security or their health care---:lol::lol: Putting your 12.6% of your gross wages--that you and your employer pay toward your social security into a SAFE--bombproof simple passbook savings account would net you much more than the diddly sqwat you're going to get back from the Federal Government.

2. Obviously the EPA has failed in the Gulf. Primarily it is because of their insistance that we cannot drill in Anwar and many parts of this country--that we are in a mile deep water--in which we cannot plug this hole. I would call that complete failure and incompetance.

Now what else do you liberals feel that the Federal Government should help you with--:lol::lol::lol:

If she believed that, why didn't she stand up and state that she wants to dismantle Social Security and the EPA? If its her position, she should be willing to defend it

Well it looks as if Angle has support from Oreo. I guesss if your IQ is in the low 80's a candidate in the mid 80's (on a great day) must seem to have the right stuff.

Forum List

Back