GOP imploding in Florida?

It's called the primary season. Republicans get together and determine who their candidates should be. Remember the 2000 primary? That didn't split the party. Neither did the 2004 Dem primary. Neither will this.

onthefence said:
http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,191406,00.html

This very thing happened in Illinois in 2004 with Jack Ryan. The GOP is trying to undermine its candidate and is going to lose big time. When the GOP does this, there is a landslide in the other direction. Ask Barack Obama how that works. I hope this doesn't become a pattern in the GOP.
It's George Ryan in Illinois. Jack Ryan is from Tom Clancy novels. ;)

Kathianne said:
It's George Ryan in Illinois. Jack Ryan is from Tom Clancy novels. ;)

Your right, but I wasn't talking about George. Jack Ryan was a senatorial candidate in 2004. The Illinois GOP pulled all support out from under him amid allegations of sexual misconduct. The allegations later proved to be frivolous and Barack Obama beat Alan Keyes in a disgracful landslide. The shitty part is that Jack Ryan was only 4 points down in the polls when the GOP pulled its support.

onthefence said:
Your right, but I wasn't talking about George. Jack Ryan was a senatorial candidate in 2004. The Illinois GOP pulled all support out from under him amid allegations of sexual misconduct. The allegations later proved to be frivolous and Barack Obama beat Alan Keyes in a disgracful landslide. The shitty part is that Jack Ryan was only 4 points down in the polls when the GOP pulled its support.
Ok, give you that! I was at the 'meeting' when Ryan 'withdrew'. Truly, it was his own fault for not just coming out with the story, but be what may. Keyes was a mistake of the Hillary in NY sort, though without her clout.

Kathianne said:
Ok, give you that! I was at the 'meeting' when Ryan 'withdrew'. Truly, it was his own fault for not just coming out with the story, but be what may. Keyes was a mistake of the Hillary in NY sort, though without her clout.

You're right, but it was a mistake for the GOP to pull the rug out from under him. If Topinka and my political hero, Jim Edgar, had gotten behind him, then their would be no Senator Obama. Ryan could have won and the GOP in Florida is going to be guilty of the same mistake. I simply hope that it doesn't become common practice for a state party to pull the rug out from under a candidate that has won a primary and plug in the person that they want.

onthefence said:
You're right, but it was a mistake for the GOP to pull the rug out from under him. If Topinka and my political hero, Jim Edgar, had gotten behind him, then their would be no Senator Obama. Ryan could have won and the GOP in Florida is going to be guilty of the same mistake. I simply hope that it doesn't become common practice for a state party to pull the rug out from under a candidate that has won a primary and plug in the person that they want.

I hear what you are saying. On the other hand, I don't want to be 'backing' folks with serious questions in their backgrounds professional or personal. I wouldn't back a Clinton. GW's background was questioned and answered. The Dems put up those kind of candidates all the time, including now: http://michellemalkin.com/archives/004975.htm

As said, they did it with Clinton, with Hart, continue with Teddy K., etc. It seems to work with them, but no thanks for me.

As for Harris, seems more the people, even her staff, don't think she has what is needed? The decisions do have to come from the locals.

With Ryan, I thought he should step down, since he didn't want to release the information, which was within his rights. Choosing Keys, while ignoring Oberweiss and others, that I blame the state party for.

If the Republican party still exists in 16-20 years, I am willing and ready to run for the nomination :alco:

I love Florida and have many fine ideas on how to help make it the best state in the US, with the most dynamic group of citizens this country has ever seen.

NATO AIR said:
If the Republican party still exists in 16-20 years, I am willing and ready to run for the nomination :alco:

I love Florida and have many fine ideas on how to help make it the best state in the US, with the most dynamic group of citizens this country has ever seen.

Too many old folks down there. The only way you could get them to be dynamic is to put hot sauce in their Preparation H.

CSM said:
Too many old folks down there. The only way you could get them to be dynamic is to put hot sauce in their Preparation H.

:banana: and introducing my chief of staff/lead adviser... CSM.

with insights like that, i can win the election and save my adopted state (since I, being a military brat, have no affinity to my state of birth, which shall go unmentioned until i need symapthy points in a bout of low poll numbers and approval ratings)

Quoted from article:
Meanwhile, Nelson counts more than $10 million in cash on hand, and has enjoyed the fund-raising star power of Sen. Barack Obama, D-Ill., former Sen. John Edwards and former Vice President Al Gore. Nelson has largely been able to stay out of the anti-Harris fray because Republicans and Democratic voters still sore about the 2000 recount seem to be doing all the work for him.
Hasn't everyone Gore helped since he lost, lost their campaigns?

Forum List

Back