GOP: How will buying more foreign oil make more American jobs?

R

rdean

Since we are buying Canadian oil, why not ask them to pay for the pipeline?

I don't understand why Republicans think figuring out new ways to buy foreign oil will help the American economy. Foreign oil is foreign oil. Does it really matter what foreign country it comes from?

I don't understand why Republicans think figuring out new ways to buy foreign oil will help the American economy. Foreign oil is foreign oil. Does it really matter what foreign country it comes from?

The ARE paying for the pipeline, at least part of it.

Also its more oil in american refineries, who then sell american distilled gasoline, diesel, kerosene, and other distilliate products.

Also its more oil in american refineries, who then sell american distilled gasoline, diesel, kerosene, and other distilliate products.

Then why not just buy it from Arabia. You don't think other countries will charge us less do you?

Then why not just buy it from Arabia. You don't think other countries will charge us less do you?

Because we actually LIKE Canada, and having them have a good economy helps us. Also the whole idea of the pipeline is to reduce transport costs, thus lowering the overall price of production from crude oil to distillate products.

...why not just buy it from Arabia. You don't think other countries will charge us less do you?
Because we actually LIKE Canada...
We also like Arabia, America, business, --things we like make a really long list. Like the list of things left wingers hate --GOP, America, business, Canada, Arabia, oil...

Lets be honest. We tolerate certain countries because of their oil reserves. Its not evil to do so, its realistic. If the Saudi's didnt have an ocean of oil under thier sand we wouldn't put up with half the crap they do. Same with other OPEC nations. Thier geological luck allows them leeway when it comes to certain things. Look at Venezuela. If not for thier Oil we would have broken relations with them years ago over all the propoganda and nationalization junk they pull.

With Canada, even without the oil sands, our countries have far more in common than we have not in common. being allies with them is a no brainer.

A US-Canadian pipeline is easier to protect than one in Afghaistan, I suppose.

Not a clue when Obama vetoed it.

Anybody here up on his DEM POV want to explain that decison to me?

A US-Canadian pipeline is easier to protect than one in Afghaistan, I suppose.

Not a clue when Obama vetoed it.

Anybody here up on his DEM POV want to explain that decison to me?

Its technically not a Veto, its more like he told the State Department to hold up on approving it, as since it crosses a border all sorts of diplomatic things have to be taken into consideration.

its very simple, actually. Its a sop to the Environmentalist branch of the party. Since it would increase supply of petroleum, and since petroleum use leads to AGW, it is hence "bad" and should not happen.

To be fair, extraction of oil from tar sands is one of the dirtier methods of oil extraction, even if you dont count the added CO2 production. it creates additonal wastewater, and the method of extraction is not a simple well. you basically dig the sands, heat them and crush them to get the liquid out, and dispose of the tailings.

Sometimes, Deanie...it's better to keep your mouth shut rather than blurt out something that proves you are a complete and utter idiot.

Does it "matter" what foreign country it comes from? Well let's see...if the oil comes from a region with a volatile political climate where violent unrest could threaten the flow of oil or even shut it off completely...then YES, IT MATTERS!!!

So let's think about this...where is violent unrest most apt to happen...in the Middle East or in Canada? Gee, that's a tough one...

Why yes, yes it does.

http://www.forbes.com/sites/afontev...it-threats-could-wreak-global-economic-havoc/

Crude oil prices surged on Tuesday on reports that Iran was set to begin war games in the Strait of Hormuz to practice closing down the key chokepoint which concentrates 30% of global seaborne oil shipments. Prices retracted a little after Iran’s Foreign Ministry confirmed the Strait remained open, and as OPEC cut its 2012 demand forecast by 100,000 barrels per day to 1.1 million daily barrels given a cooling global economy......

Last edited:
...To be fair, extraction of oil from tar sands is one of the dirtier methods of oil extraction....
It's the worst. Also, oil spills in the gulf are even worse. On top of that 3-mile Island is as bad as oil spills and shale put together.

/sarcasm

Let's face it, greenies hate any kind of energy used by anyone but them.

Its not just republicans that want the pipeline,they are footing a lions share of the bill,Jobs,tax revenues,and if you can't get your brain around the foreign oil angle,you ae hopeless.

If you want to just argue fr the sack of bashing a political party,at least come up with valid ones,flapping ones mouth just to hear yourself shows a real lack of intelligence.

Forum List

Back