GOP f*cked, says Internal GOP memo

If this is a devious plant, that republican operative needs to get fired. This was sheer incompetence on his part.

Think about it, if you wanted to leak a memo to make democrats over confident, do you really want to leak it to some blog no one's ever heard of, on a mediocre news publication that has a relatively small circulation.

LOL - I would hope they'd be smart enough to lead it to NY Times or NBC news.
:lol: but YOU fell for it

Think about it.."someone" has to answer for Bush....it's not enough to let Bush pass into history without giving the GOP a swift kick in the pants and Obama will fill the bill...:evil:

Hilarious that Red Dawn feel for the 'leaked' memo!

But seriously folks, the Democrats will pick up seats next month. By 2010, the Republicans should have control of Congress again because Obama and the Democrats will just make matters worse. Obama will probably be out by 2012, unless of course Hillary gets to him first.

But seriously folks, the Democrats will pick up seats next month. By 2010, the Republicans should have control of Congress again because Obama and the Democrats will just make matters worse. Obama will probably be out by 2012, unless of course Hillary gets to him first.

Which Republican Party tho ? Who is going to take the helm and steer it out of the swamp.

snip.

Maybe you're right.

In a brilliant strategic move, a republican operative thought he/she could depress democratic voter turnout by leaking a memo to an obscure blog hardly anyone reads, at a mediocre magazine with a small circulation. Brilliant!

One question....why do republicans feel compelled to lie, to depress voter turnout? That would never occur to me; I'd like to see as close to 100% voter participation as possible in every election. Why do republicans seem to inherently understand that their policy proposals aren't popular, and people like the memo-leaking republican operative and Joe the Plumber posers feel like they need to flat out lie to score political points, or affect voter turnout? In short, do republicans ever feel they can win by talking about the economy, healthcare, jobs, the environment, or social security?

Last edited:
Maybe you're right.

In a brilliant strategic move, a republican operative thought he/she could depress democratic voter turnout by leaking a memo to an obscure blog hardly anyone reads, at a mediocre magazine with a small circulation. Brilliant!

One question....why do republicans feel compelled to lie, to depress voter turnout? That would never occur to me; I'd like to see as close to 100% voter participation as possible in every election. Why do republicans seem to inherently understand that their policy proposals aren't popular, and people like the memo-leaking republican operative and Joe the Plumber posers feel like they need to flat out lie to score political points, or affect voter turnout? In short, do republicans ever feel they can win by talking about the economy, healthcare, jobs, the environment, or social security?

You make it sound like only the Republican Party is to blame. You can't possibly believe that, can you?

There are still some conservatives left in the Republican Party. If the voters decide they don't want the neoconservatives anymore, problem solved.

Only a couple of years too late. Burn the GOP and start from the ground up with some real leaders who can stand by their convictions.

Lets see, Dems control Congress now and they can't get anything done. I'm willing to bet with a super majority they still wont get anything done.

Especially with a Republican as President.

Couple years? This has been brewing for years. That's how GWB was able to get the nomination in 2000.

Ya but I was thinking for this election. If the GOP had cleaned house a couple years ago the might have a viable candidate this year .

Ironically the most viable candidate in 2000, from a long-term perspective, was....McCain.

Ya but I was thinking for this election. If the GOP had cleaned house a couple years ago the might have a viable candidate this year .

The only way the GOP will clean house is if they lose it all. They're like a drunk that has to hit rock bottom before anything will be done.

Does clean house mean get rid of the religious right? The neoconservatives? The sex scandal congressmen?

Where will they go?

So we're all in agreement -- Nancy Pelosi and the Obama gang are rock bottom.

Amen, brother! Preachin' to the choir!

Does clean house mean get rid of the religious right? The neoconservatives? The sex scandal congressmen?

Where will they go?

The religious right will stay in the GOP. There is no place for them in the Democratic Party. The Neoconservatives can go to the Democratic Party since they are so much like LBJ (with the exception of tax cuts). The sex scandal congressmen would be more at home in the Democratic Party.

LOL true the dems do like their sex. Especially over fundamentalism.

Good answer.

So the dems will be the sexy party and the reps will be the religious party.

Only one of those sounds like a party to me....

LOL true the dems do like their sex. Especially over fundamentalism.

Good answer.

So the dems will be the sexy party and the reps will be the religious party.

Only one of those sounds like a party to me....

There's an old joke, "If heaven is full of fundamentalists I don't want to go."

The cook political report, which is the gold standard for predicting house and senate races, predicts a minimum of 20-25 seat pickups in the House for the Dems, and 7-9 senate seats.

We shall see. Voter suppression is always a problem.

it's considered bad form to whine before you actually lose. i prefer divided control leg/exec, but we'll see what happens.

either way, the sun will still rise on 11/5, or should i worry about that, too?

Forum List

Back