Goodbye stock market

DavidS

Anti-Tea Party Member
Sep 7, 2008
New York, NY
Unemployment 6.5%, 240,000 jobs lost in October, followed a steeply revised cut of 284,000 in September, the most severe monthly loss since November 2001 just after that year's September terror attacks. The department also revised August job cuts higher to 127,000 -- meaning a total 179,000 more jobs were cut in August and September than previously thought. The national unemployment rate jumped to 6.5 percent from 6.1 percent in September, the highest since March 1994.

But of course when the market crashes today, all of you cons will blame Obama. :cuckoo:

we told you it would happen but you did not believe us. Him threatening to tax the rich to smithereens is causing them to sell out and to hide the money. You may expect the jobless numbers to increase too. Big business will not invest in new labor cause he promised to tax them to smithereens too. People are scared as hell as to what may happen, they are not spending any money, they are holding onto and hiding their money..

Wall Street's pessimism over Obama's economic plans are a part of the stock market reaction... of course it is not all of it... the economy is in a bad place right now

The corporatists know the field day is over. I can see where that's making them cranky.

They'll get over it.

And wall st. will be so happy that people are being laid off.

Wall Street's pessimism over Obama's economic plans are a part of the stock market reaction... of course it is not all of it... the economy is in a bad place right now

Try again:

October retail sales plunged
Unemployment has spiked
3Q profits are massively down for most DOW components
The banks have money but aren't lending to consumers, thus the credit markets are frozen to consumers

Perhaps Obama and the Libs will figure out where most of the tax revenues actually come from and consider helping the golden goose instead of slaughtering it.

The more campaign promises Obama keeps the worse the economy will get.

The more campaign promises he breaks the nuttier the left will go.

This is gonna be a whole lot of fun to watch.

Perhaps Obama and the Libs will figure out where most of the tax revenues actually come from and consider helping the golden goose instead of slaughtering it.

yep! but I want him and Pelosi to dogmatically persue his agenda line by line don't waver walk the talk. We have been assured of a second awakening, now I expect not to be taxed, I want health care just like his, I don't expect to have to wait in line to get it. I want some sammichs, I want my mortgage and gasoline to be paid for. Sock it to the rich suckers, sock it to them. Tax the hell outta them corporations, let them know their damn day is over. It's over. I'm optimistically optomistic! Yes I am :cool:

Or the multi-millionaires won't give a flying crap about paying 3% extra, the market will surge when the stimulus package is passed in February, and consumer spending will spike which will increase our GDP. Obama will be hailed as a hero and they'll make room for his likeness at Mt. Rushmore.

Jeesh, I hope none of the cons on this forum invest in the stock market. Their understanding of it is making me think most of them are border line retarded.

Aren't you smart enough to figure out that the entire voodoo economics thing is over... it's a failure. THIS is the natural extension of it.

Nothing trickles down. That was always an obscene distortion of reality.

Jeesh, I hope none of the cons on this forum invest in the stock market. Their understanding of it is making me think most of them are border line retarded.

call me retarded then, I have never invested,, never will. I hate seeing money go poof! makes me sick to my stomach. I'm the old bury the shit in the backyard kinda girl. That way I know I still have it. :razz:

Unemployment 6.5%, 240,000 jobs lost in October, followed a steeply revised cut of 284,000 in September, the most severe monthly loss since November 2001 just after that year's September terror attacks. :cuckoo:

The Bush tax cuts for the rich, and deregulation schemes didn't usher in an era of sustained wage and job growth? I'm shocked I tell you! Who could have predicted?

Correct me if I am wrong here, but was it not Chris Dodd, Barney Frank, Nancy Pelosi, George Bush, and others in front of the camera's begging everyone to be calm and telling us how this 700 billion will help unfreeze the credit markets? It would appear that the congressmen both republican and democrat that had the courage to listen to those they repsented and say no to this were correct and this money was a like placing 700 Billion on a Las Vegas Craps table.

Or the multi-millionaires won't give a flying crap about paying 3% extra, the market will surge when the stimulus package is passed in February, and consumer spending will spike which will increase our GDP. Obama will be hailed as a hero and they'll make room for his likeness at Mt. Rushmore.

As I recall the dems all moaned and had to be drug along kicking and screaming for the first stimulas package, claiming it would do no good.

Aren't you smart enough to figure out that the entire voodoo economics thing is over... it's a failure. THIS is the natural extension of it.

Nothing trickles down. That was always an obscene distortion of reality.

I'm smart enough to know that giving the government more money is idiotic.

Works for me.

Now about paying for his "tax cuts", trillion dollars in spending, universal health care and reducing the debt....

Oh, this is gonna be fun.

Last edited:
Works for me.

Now about paying for his "tax cuts", trillion dollars in spending, universal health care and reducing the debt....

Oh, this gonna be fun.

He is not offering us universal healthcare. I don't know where you get this crap from. He's creating a new health insurance company from inside of the federal government that people pay into, just like any other health insurance company. When was the last time you read about a health insurance company losing money?

Forum List

Back