GOOD NEWS! Unemployment at 4%

Actually the net present value of a generic degree has been negative since the 1970s I know I checked while I was getting my finance degree on G I bill. I suspected as much when I ran the numbers but the tables with the NPVs of various degrees were readily available in the finance office. Scholarships such as G I bill are about the only exception to the rule.

On the otherhand technical schools: car mechanic or court reporter schools in particular do have positive NPVs or in one case which I verified mail order AAs in Carpet cleaning are highly sought because they are the people who get called when regular carpet cleaning fails. (They are somewhat cheaper than wrecking the house when fungus starts or other serious problems appear. Six figures for working in a hazmat suit for 12-18 hour shifts and working mainly on the road did not strike me as a fun alternative to finance.)

Obama needs to point out that unemployment is 0% for people who have jobs, maybe he can have Biden say it?

Could someone 'splain why the slope (% change/time) on the % unemployment graph = 0 (is "flat") for all demographics since about 2009, but the % change graph still shows > 0 through 2008 until present?

Wierd.

Could someone 'splain why the slope (% change/time) on the % unemployment graph = 0 (is "flat") for all demographics since about 2009, but the % change graph still shows > 0 through 2008 until present?

Wierd.

That bugged me too.

I think that is an artifact of the reality fewer people are considered looking as they have fallen off the unemployment rolls due to expiration of benefits. Or abandoning their search.

Actually the net present value of a generic degree has been negative since the 1970s I know I checked while I was getting my finance degree on G I bill. I suspected as much when I ran the numbers but the tables with the NPVs of various degrees were readily available in the finance office. Scholarships such as G I bill are about the only exception to the rule.

On the otherhand technical schools: car mechanic or court reporter schools in particular do have positive NPVs or in one case which I verified mail order AAs in Carpet cleaning are highly sought because they are the people who get called when regular carpet cleaning fails. (They are somewhat cheaper than wrecking the house when fungus starts or other serious problems appear. Six figures for working in a hazmat suit for 12-18 hour shifts and working mainly on the road did not strike me as a fun alternative to finance.)

Last study I read said an average degree gets you $2.5 million more in career earnings. I say your NPV is off.

AHA. That means the repugs voting base is out of work.
Remember the other day I said they agreed to extend unemployment only to get votes ?

Sorry ass clown....republucans are paying your welfare check right now...best if you just STFU until you have a fact to post.

I doubt these stats about college grads are even right.

LOOK at the rate of unemployed teachers, folks.

EDUCATION is the largest PROFESSION among ALL professions that need a baccalaureate.

5% unemployed?

Not hardly.

Wierd.

Because the percent change graph is percent change from the previous year, not the previous month.

Hate to burst your bubble, rdean, but 4 out of 5 recent college grads are unemployed and not counted in the unemployment total, because they are not considered in the labor force until they have a full-time job.

That's untrue. You are in the labor force if you're looking for work (and are available to work), regardless of whether or not you've ever held a job, full time or part time.

Hate to burst your bubble, rdean, but 4 out of 5 recent college grads are unemployed and not counted in the unemployment total, because they are not considered in the labor force until they have a full-time job.

That's untrue. You are in the labor force if you're looking for work (and are available to work), regardless of whether or not you've ever held a job, full time or part time.
http://www.parapundit.com/archives/005862.html

Last edited:
In a year those college grads will be over 90% employed

crystal-ball.jpg

Forum List

Back