Good Friend Just Sold Part of his Gun Collection: Thank You Ronald Reagan May 19, 1986

Procrustes Stretched

And you say, "Oh my God, am I here all alone?"
Dec 1, 2008
Positively 4th Street
Good Friend Just Sold Part of his Gun Collection: Thank You Ronald Reagan May 19, 1986

They were legal transferable machine guns. No more legal machine guns can be registered. They stopped that May 19, 1986 thus the value has sky-rocketed...private transfer. Certain licensed entities can still manufacture and own so called "post samples." But they are not valuable

We had one on www.armyranger.com awhile back. The seller was outside the US as was the buyer (a private security operative in Afghanistan who bought it for his company's compound.) It was in very nice condition and had two extra barrels. I think it went for around $2600 - $3000 somewhere in there. That would definitely be my choice of weapon in the coming zombie apocalypse.

We had one on www.armyranger.com awhile back. The seller was outside the US as was the buyer (a private security operative in Afghanistan who bought it for his company's compound.) It was in very nice condition and had two extra barrels. I think it went for around $2600 - $3000 somewhere in there. That would definitely be my choice of weapon in the coming zombie apocalypse.
so the government doesn't trust with with certain licenses? Mental issues?

I'm looking at an M1919. What did he get for a comparable gun?
I'll ask when next we speak. I know he had a few garands -- M1 MG ...

I was told ::: Transferable is $16,000 to $19,000. Think he got top dollar
I can get a Ma Deuce with a thousand rounds, essentially brand new from pre '86 parts for under 10 G's
The M 1919 is about 3 less tax and transfer.

I'm looking at an M1919. What did he get for a comparable gun?
I'll ask when next we speak. I know he had a few garands -- M1 MG ...

I was told ::: Transferable is $16,000 to $19,000. Think he got top dollar
I can get a Ma Deuce with a thousand rounds, essentially brand new from pre '86 parts for under 10 G's
The M 1919 is about 3 less tax and transfer.
is that post samples? I'm not very knowledgeable about it all. I do know my friend has been collecting and has had licenses from at least the 1970s. He became a collector and dealer, so he knows his stuff.

He is teh one who taught me as a young man that liberals should support gun ownership and rights. He and his dear wife are/were (she passed away) good friends, great people.

Not too knowledgeable myself. What I learned is all old knowledge from before '86. My uncle was an FFL class 3 who dealt in hundreds of submachine guns, LMG's and automatic rifles back in the late 50's. Long story involving spooks and such.

Forum List

Back