Gone Girl (2014)

actually, the other 2 movies we saw were good, but I fell asleep during one.
(I did not fall asleep during John Wick - I know it's gratuitous - but I liked it anyway)

51da1U9H7IL.jpg

and

Sony_TheEqualizer_UKQuad.jpg

I hadn't read anything about The Equalizer before watching it, but it was a damn good movie. Hard to jerk off to though.

I wonder if that was what my husband was doing while I was sleeping through it.....

It's been a LONG time since I have read a book.

I used to read Stephen King. I tried to get back into reading his stuff again, but, dunno, seems all the same now. I know his story telling formula so....
He's novellas and shorts are really good.

As of Friday, I am no longer working so maybe more time to get a book in here or there....
I used to read King too, I loved the journey, but he always had such problems with his denouements :eek-52: so I gave up on him.

That's a common problem - in both books and movies.....
Trying to think of a movie or book with an exceptionally well executed resolution/climax (don't even go there Aaron)

I grew up reading Stephen King. At one point my Mom was homeschooling us, and she would have us read his books as assignments. Now every one of my siblings is a Stephen King fan. :D

I used to read Stephen King. I tried to get back into reading his stuff again, but, dunno, seems all the same now. I know his story telling formula so....

As of Friday, I am no longer working so maybe more time to get a book in here or there....
I used to read King too, I loved the journey, but he always had such problems with his denouements :eek-52: so I gave up on him.

Steven King thinks Ted Cruz is creepy...now that is really creepy.

Steven King thinks Ted Cruz is creepy...now that is really creepy.

Stephen King is a flaming Liberal with an all white staff.... but he'll say it's because minorities don't live in Maine...

Stephen King also does IBM commercials and uses Apple products.....

I grew up reading Stephen King. At one point my Mom was homeschooling us, and she would have us read his books as assignments. Now every one of my siblings is a Stephen King fan. :D

... did she have you read Catcher In The Rye too?

Not that I remember. It was mostly the Dark Tower Series from Stephen King. They are supposedly making a movie adaptation soon with Idris Elba as Roland.

I have this movie on blu ray. Then someone said it sucked, so I never watched it. But, now that I am seeing this, and considering who said it sucked, think I will watch this weekend....fer sure. :D

Not that I remember. It was mostly the Dark Tower Series from Stephen King. They are supposedly making a movie adaptation soon with Idris Elba as Roland.

I read the 1st 3, then gave up. Those are good reads! Nothing too gross etc. about those.
The Stand is also a good read.

TheGunslingerStephenKing.jpg

I read the book and loved it. Found the film did not live up to the book and actually turned it off half way through. I often find films don't quite live up to my expectations if I've read the book first. But I will probably try again when it turns up on TV.

The book is excellent.

Forum List

Back