Golf club for mother in law

CMike

Zionist, proud to be
Oct 25, 2009
Hi,

I need some help.

I want to get a gift for my mother in law. I am ready to spend about $200.

My MIL is really into golf. I know nothing about it other than using a stick to hit a white ball in a little while.

Anyone have any specific recommendations please?

Most serious golfers are pretty picky about their clubs, better off sticking with some of the peripheral equipment. Ask your wife for MIL's tastes to be safe.

If my son bought me that putter I would be floored! It is a really good putter and pretty in the bag too. Class it speaks. If you decide to go with it, call them and tell them it is for a woman, they'll make sure the shaft isn't too long. Unless your MIL is over 5'6"

Last edited:
Hi,

I need some help.

I want to get a gift for my mother in law. I am ready to spend about $200.

My MIL is really into golf. I know nothing about it other than using a stick to hit a white ball in a little while.

Anyone have any specific recommendations please?

How about a gift cert. to a top notch golf course ? If she's really into golf she's likely attached to the clubs she already owns. What state does she live in ?

do not buy a golf clubs......repeat....do not buy a golfer clubs......balls if you know what kind.....a round of golf at a real nice course would be the best choice....

I'm picky about my golf bag so nobody can buy that for me, nor shoes, clothes, or clubs other than a putter because most or at least I do, I already have 3 putters and I like to switch my putter off depending on what course I play.

Don't buy her lessons either. Someone did that for me and I took that as an insult.

If she golfs a lot she probably already has a membership to a course. Golf balls are more of a stocking stuffer if you ask me.

I would call a golf cource and ask to talk to a Pro(that is their title) and ask them what is the best golf club for a lady. I personally enjoy my 3 wood the best, so you should get her a nice one those. Titliest is good and so is Nike now because of Tiger. Your best bet would be to have her pick it out so they can custom size it.

I would call a golf cource and ask to talk to a Pro(that is their title) and ask them what is the best golf club for a lady. I personally enjoy my 3 wood the best, so you should get her a nice one those. Titliest is good and so is Nike now because of Tiger. Your best bet would be to have her pick it out so they can custom size it.

Taylor Made driver, Ping fairway woods, Callaway irons ftw ...... :tongue:

a round of golf at a real nice course would be the best choice....

Indeed, i played Bulle Rock ( in Md ) on my bro's Bday and TPC Sawgrass for my 40th, it was a great two weeks !

never buy a golfer anything except a round of golf and a round of cocktails....best courses i have evey played are spyglass...pebble beach....olympic club.....del monte

a round of golf at a real nice course would be the best choice....

Indeed, i played Bulle Rock ( in Md ) on my bro's Bday and TPC Sawgrass for my 40th, it was a great two weeks !

never buy a golfer anything except a round of golf and a round of cocktails....best courses i have evey played are spyglass...pebble beach....olympic club.....del monte

100% correct ....

I'm jealous, i wanna get out to Spyglass Hill and Pebble Beach BAD ! ........

Don't buy any clubs for her.

Get her a round or two of golf in stead at her favorite course or a nice course she's never played at. I know you said $200 but go all out and get her a round in Hawaii! :)

Immie

How about this putter and you can have her initials on it.

EWM-3 : Louisville Golf

What freakin course does a par 3 play 196 yards from the womens tee ? ....:eek:
Lajes Field in the azores. The local Golf Pro told me that NOBODY ever hit a hole n one on that hole. NOBODY no less a GIRL.

I never got crap for it either except a mention on AFRTS (Armed Forces Raido TV Station)

This was in 1993

How about this putter and you can have her initials on it.

EWM-3 : Louisville Golf

What freakin course does a par 3 play 196 yards from the womens tee ? ....:eek:
Lajes Field in the azores. The local Golf Pro told me that NOBODY ever hit a hole n one on that hole. NOBODY no less a GIRL.

I never got crap for it either except a mention on AFRTS (Armed Forces Raido TV Station)

This was in 1993

Damn impressive .......

Forum List

Back