Gold

Trump said he will re-negotiate the debt! That means he will destroy the US Dollar. Gold will make many new highs while he is in office & even after he is gone.

54918-land-figure1-8.png

LITTLE I KNOW ABOUT Gold and Silver but the only reason to have a bit of Gold is simply to have some Gold and same for Silver a long with some Beans . I look at it as SURVIVAL Money and as a last resort . I am not interested in taking profits . A guy I know bought Gold in the early 2000's for less than 300 dollars an ounce and closer to 200 dollars an ounce . He just hid it away and didn't sell even when it went to ABOUT 1800 dollars an ounce a few years back . He also bought a large bag of some silver American old Silver coins .

In my view gold holds it's value while the dollar depreciates so its not realy gold appreciating so much as the dollar deprecating. Currency inflation is just another way of taxing the people but in a sneaky underhanded way.
I have problems with silver however since the demanded for it decreased so much with the end of chemical photography which used so much of it. I can't think of any use for silver that was as large as photography.

I am doing ok I have gold in hand for I think it was $550/American Eagle. Which is more than bullion oz.

Interesting that you have held it as long as you have. I had a bit over a pound that I bought in the 90’s between $250 and $300, but sold off all of it between 2010 and 2012. I have been buying for the last 3 years with an exit price target north of $3000. Interesting note- The shiny metal has outperformed Buffett’s Berkshire Hathaway over the last 5 years.

Trump refused to tackle the US’s spiraling national debt because he will not be in office by the time the situation is expected to reach a crisis point. Officials attempted to warn Trump during a meeting. However once the president realized the problem was only likely to become critical after he had completed a possible second term, Trump remarked “Yeah, but I won’t be here!”

Multiple White House sources said when push came to shove, Mr Trump was reluctant to make significant savings in many areas.

Administration officials said he ordered the $716 billion military spending budget to be largely ring-fenced, while refusing to make cuts to expensive entitlements such as social security and Medicare because of their popularity with voters.

One former official said Trump would even make repeated and potentially disastrous calls for the treasury to print more money to tackle the national debt. “He’d just say, run the presses, run the presses,” the source said. “Sometimes it seemed like he was joking, and sometimes it didn’t.”

Last edited:
Gold is doing great for me; I have most of my 'loose change' in Kg bars. Started buying in the early 1980's, and again major buys in the late 1990's. After hovering around baselines of $1,100-$1200 recently it's gone up to around $1,500 or so, which on my average basis costs of around $350 an ounce is an 80% advance, and I'm selling some to get a new truck and some nice stuff for the grandkids for Christmas. I've never regretted buying all I could afford to for going on 5 decades.

Last edited:
Trump refused to tackle the US’s spiraling national debt because he will not be in office by the time the situation is expected to reach a crisis point. Officials attempted to warn Trump during a meeting. However once the president realized the problem was only likely to become critical after he had completed a possible second term, Trump remarked “Yeah, but I won’t be here!”

Multiple White House sources said when push came to shove, Mr Trump was reluctant to make significant savings in many areas.

Administration officials said he ordered the $716 billion military spending budget to be largely ring-fenced, while refusing to make cuts to expensive entitlements such as social security and Medicare because of their popularity with voters.

One former official said Trump would even make repeated and potentially disastrous calls for the treasury to print more money to tackle the national debt. “He’d just say, run the presses, run the presses,” the source said. “Sometimes it seemed like he was joking, and sometimes it didn’t.”

You get more and more ridiculous with every post. lol every time you make these ridiculous claims the dollar gets stronger and stronger, and every central bank just keeps buying gold, gold, and more gold. They should be buying more palladium now, actually, which I'm looking into myself. They day traders can keep gambling away on stocks in companies they know nothing about, no problem; I enjoy reading how they all make 30% a month n stuff and never take losses.

Last edited:
Gold is doing great for me; I have most of my 'loose change' in Kg bars. Started buying in the early 1980's, and again major buys in the late 1990's. After hovering around baselines of $1,100-$1200 recently it's gone up to around $1,500 or so, which on my average basis costs of around $350 an ounce is an 80% advance, and I'm selling some to get a new truck and some nice stuff for the grandkids for Christmas. I've never regretted buying all I could afford to for going on 5 decades.

recently it's gone up to around $1,500 or so, which on my average basis costs of around $350 an ounce is an 80% advance,

$350 to $1500 is an 80% advance...……….?

recently it's gone up to around $1,500 or so, which on my average basis costs of around $350 an ounce is an 80% advance,

$1,500 -$1,200 = $300; $300 /$350 = 85%, close to 80% estimate guessing. Need any more lessons in math? Reading comprehension?

$1,500 -$1,200 = $300; $300 /$350 = 85%, close to 80% estimate guessing. Need any more lessons in math? Reading comprehension?

Why the fuck would you talk about this years gain in relation to purchases you made 15 plus years ago?
1200 > 1500 is a 25% gain.

Why the fuck would you talk about this years gain in relation to purchases you made 15 plus years ago?

Because I never paid $1,200 an ounce for it, dumbass. Doesn't matter if I purchased it 15 hours ago or 15 years, it's about an 80% gain based on my purchase price, compared with the base line values cited, which already account for much of the inflation factors since my last new purchases. That's one of the reasons gold is used as a hedge. Whether or not $1,500 is a new rough baseline or not remains to be seen.

Because I never paid $1,200 an ounce for it, dumbass. Doesn't matter if I purchased it 15 hours ago or 15 years, it's about an 80% gain based on my purchase price, compared with the base line values cited, which already account for much of the inflation factors since my last new purchases. That's one of the reasons gold is used as a hedge. Whether or not $1,500 is a new rough baseline or not remains to be seen.

Real people say, "My gold went up 25% this year" only an idiot talks about their cost basis from 20 years ago
and says, "Based on my purchase price, 20 years ago, I'm up 80% this year".

But based on previous experience, you always sound like an idiot when talking about markets. I should learn to ignore your idiocy.

Real people say, "My gold went up 25% this year" only an idiot talks about their cost basis from 20 years ago

But based on previous experience, you always sound like an idiot when talking about markets. I should learn to ignore your idiocy.

Don't worry too much about your lack of functioning frontal lobes, Todd; you're why the govt. Came up with Social Security, so you poor losers can still buy at least some of your meds and your family can tale care of you without letting you die in a park somewhere next winter.

Don't worry too much about your lack of functioning frontal lobes, Todd; you're why the govt. Came up with Social Security, so you poor losers can still buy at least some of your meds and your family can tale care of you without letting you die in a park somewhere next winter.

Tell me again about negative interest bonds. Always a good one.

You still don't get them, do you. lol

You still don't get them, do you. lol

I'm still laughing at your silly errors.

You get more and more ridiculous with every post. lol every time you make these ridiculous claims the dollar gets stronger and stronger, and every central bank just keeps buying gold, gold, and more gold. They should be buying more palladium now, actually, which I'm looking into myself. They day traders can keep gambling away on stocks in companies they know nothing about, no problem; I enjoy reading how they all make 30% a month n stuff and never take losses.

The dollar is not actually getting stronger except against other worthless fiat currencies. Prices are rising allover the place! Fed window is open for 6 more weeks. US dollars are getting printed, deficit & debt is exploding & lending multiples are increasing!

Last edited:

If your $350 investment takes 20 years to be worth $1,500, I calculate the annual compound increase at about 7.55%. Not a bad rate of return. Gold and silver have I some, just as insurance in case of financial disaster. I'll trade my Mercury Head dimes to the locals in return for hay for my sheep.

In an awful farm economy thanks to trade tariff, a well used John Deere R4045 cost $435,000, 10 years ago I bought one for $59,000. Over that same time period the $1 McDouble at McDonalds, doubled to $2 today! But there is no inflation! Move along, nothing to see here!

Last edited:

Forum List

Back