God Damnit USMB.....Will you fix it?

Stop blaming the victims USMB.......Fix it

Sorry you're a victim.

I'm not

Go ahead, meekly accept a crappy upgrade and fewer features.

I'm not declaring 'victim' like you are.

I have no issues with the upgrade.

Stop whining.
Sheep meekly accepting the crap they dump on you

Be a (someone I won't mention) and buy the board then.

Its obvious you dont know how to do this. I assume you're on a phone. Here's what I do.

1. Hold finger tip on a word you want to copy.
2. Drag the blue dots to cover all the text you would like to respond to.
3. Tap "reply"

Screenshot-20200620-082841-Chrome.jpg

Stop blaming the victims USMB.......Fix it

Sorry you're a victim.

I'm not

Go ahead, meekly accept a crappy upgrade and fewer features.

I'm not declaring 'victim' like you are.

I have no issues with the upgrade.

Stop whining.

I have issues with the upgrade, but learn to live with it.

There are better forum software out there with FREE Gallery and plenty of FREE software add ons.

This forum cost a lot of money, Gallery unit cost money, as every add on cost money, that is why there are fewer features in this one than in the older one, I think they are trying to reduce the cost over all. Xenforo is unnecessary expense, since this forum is being run as a standard forum, thus a waste of money, when a good free software would be just as good or better (with all those free add ons, to enhance the forum)

Here is a list at myBB.com showing what can be added to their forum software by the forum owner, ALL of it free:

Extends

Look up Themes, and Plug ins, a lot to chose from.

They could make more money using a good free software, still have their advertising money come in to cover the server and our yearly donation would then be better utilized, especially when more members join be a yearly donor.

So learn to delete stuff you're not responding to if it's so bad. It only takes a few seconds, and any problems can be fixed with learning how to type("[quote and/or /quote]") correctly in the right places, also not rocket science, just a little practice, and also works on nearly all boards as well.

Also learn to write stuff out instead of 73,000 links to slow ass loading Youtube site vids and photoshops.

Last edited:
USMB is putting the burden on posters to work around a crappy SW upgrade.

Hard to evaluate new versions of software BEFORE you install.. We STUCK with Xenforo.. It's THEIR PRODUCT that has the inherent defect... Maybe the country should have gone back to work in May and then there'd be more progress on fixes for this.. Since you couldn't even get a pacemaker installed, you can't expect that a small company would be at full power to address release version issues...

And I don't see any serious "feature" loss.. Except for the Member Picture Galleries which was a "tactical" decision by USMB not to continue those...

Hard to evaluate new versions of software BEFORE you install.. We STUCK with Xenforo.. It's THEIR PRODUCT that has the inherent defect... Maybe the country should have gone back to work in May and then there'd be more progress on fixes for this.. Since you couldn't even get a pacemaker installed, you can't expect that a small company would be at full power to address release version issues...

And I don't see any serious "feature" loss.. Except for the Member Picture Galleries which was a "tactical" decision by USMB not to continue those...

Funny thing just happened. We got thru over 60 posts here WITHOUT A mile long nested quote backs.. Folks in THIS thread -- must not be the problem... :auiqs.jpg:

Gonna finish a convo with Admin/Owner and depending on the forecast for getting a real solution, we MAY start a "quote nest" cleaning campaign.. By reporting them to Mod Staff --- OR --- having the advanced users break them up themselves... EVERYONE can help get thru this..,.

If you find a thread that is screwed up with nested quotes and you know HOW to break it up -- DO IT. And post a "You're Welcome" note and a link to sticky thread about selective quoting at the top of this forum.... Be a DO-ER... Or a Doo-bie... LOL....

I understand you needed to upgrade the software. But after months since the changeover, we still have that endless scrolling as a thread keeps building.

Either fix it or go back to the old format.
Leave. Then you wont have to mess with it.

If bed wetters had critical thinking capacity and problem solving skills, they wouldn't constantly bitch about things and demand someone else fix everything they fuck up.

Forum List

Back