Go Dean!

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Annie, Dec 4, 2003.

1. jimnyc

jimnyc ...

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +248
    I stand by my prediction, and was even willing to put money on it! :)

Regardless of what anyone thinks about him, he's a better president than anyone in the democratic field. I've spoken to many that don't like Bush, and quite a few of them still think he's a better leader than any of the other candidates. Iraq may hurt him according to some, and according to others it is soldifying his position. And if the economy stays on the upswing it'll be no contest at all.

2. DKSuddeth

DKSuddeth Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +62
    Theres a very real possibility that GWBush will be re-elected. Not only that, but the republicans will also increase their seats in the house and possibly the senate. What remains to be seen is the after effects of such majority rule.

The major drawback, or disadvantage, to this republican led government is going to be whether they follow the traditional republican ideas or continue to push this new right wing pro corporate agenda. If the former comes to light, then we'll continue to see some tough times for awhile, if the latter prevails then we should all be prepared for alot of chaos.

3. dijetlo

dijetlo Guest

Ratings:
    +0
    I never bet on politics, it is much more interesting as an intellectual excersize than as a wager.
    Jobs. The dems are going to try to drive the debate back to Education, healthcare and jobs. The producivity number is not especially good news for job seekers, though it does make stock holders happy.
    You realize that if you buy the tux and he doesn't win, you'll have to do something hideious like taking your wife to an opera or "art gallery opening". Consider the ramifications of your exuberance, grasshopper...:cof:

4. jimnyc

jimnyc ...

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +248
    Not to mention you don't have a candidate worth laying a nickel on. :)

I'll gladly go to an opera or art gallery if Bush loses. I'll respect the democrat that gets the nod should that happen, although it certainly wouldn't be my first choice. Sucks more for those that are living with hatred for GW. What are they going to do if he gets reelected, just hide their feelings? Move out of the country like so many promised in 2000? :laugh:

5. Annie

Annie Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +4,789
    posted by Jimmy
    I remember back in '92, Bush v Clinton. A good friend of mine came over to my home with her 2 small children. My 3 small children were also there, both of our oldest were in kindergarten.

We had both volunteered on Bush's campaign. Election night had us and the 5 kids under 6, watching the returns. When it soon became obvious that Clinton would win, my friend went to pieces. Being a political science major and all, I told her, "You'll get used to him, you may not like him, but he'll be our president and you will accept that, even though in '96 we'll try to put in someone else."

Within 4 months of his taking office, both of us realized we'd never accept him. I don't know what I'd have felt if someone had attempted to assassinate him, though I never thought that would happen, and it didn't. It seems that the military on the whole agreed with our assessment, as did some of the bureaucrats, especially secret service, serving under him.

I guess that is what those that feel that 'GW' is illegitamate are feeling, in spite of the fact that it's been 2 years since 9/11 and it hasn't occured again. As my nemisis said, "I feel your pain," but you have a long row to hoe.

6. killintimer

killintimer Guest

Ratings:
    +0

7. killintimer

killintimer Guest

Ratings:
    +0
    "I don't know what I'd have felt if someone had attempted to assassinate him (Clinton)"

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This scares me. I grew up as a rock-rib dyed in the wool Republican. I never thought JFK was a very good President (funny how a little think like being killed raises a person's stature).

But on the evening of November 22, 1963 I attended a memorial mass for "MY" President. I cried along with the whole country for several days. It was horrible that anyone would even think of assasinating a President.

But now we seem to have GOP loyalists and (apparantly) party activists wondering how they would feel if the properly elected President were killed.

Enough said..............

8. jimnyc

jimnyc ...

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +248
    That's the stupidest thing I've read all day.

Wondering about death is completely natural. And how do you read someone stating their personal feelings and relate that to "Gop loyalists and party activists"? It was one persons personal thoughts!

Typical liberal, always trying to put a spin on things.

'Nuff said.

9. Annie

Annie Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +4,789
    posted by kinllintime

You are pitiful, don't discuss, just spin. How? You have no idea of where I come from, political wise. I've worked on GOP campaigns and democrat campaigns.

What I posted regarding Clinton was the truth. I never accepted him as President. He was a waste. Sadder is what I now believe of the American electorate. Oh well, too bad for me. G_d help us, you are probably representative.

10. killintimer

killintimer Guest

Ratings:
    +0
    No liberal by any stretch of the imagination. But I cannot any longer call myself a conservative by today's standards.

But I stand by what I said.