GO Army

The flyboys live well, if you ever mentioned the word martini in a naval club you would get a dumb stare and then a beer with some gin in it. Maybe a pickled onion for the olive.

If they did not throw you out.

Last edited:
The flyboys live well, if you ever mentioned the word martini in a naval club you would get a dumb stare and then a beer with some gin in it. Maybe a pickled onion for the olive.

If they did not throw you out.
LOL. I took a Lt. Col (USAF) sailing this summer. I made him wear a bright orange mae west PFD the entire time. He protested a bit, but I told him it was USCG rules (and I was exempt because I was skipper).

He bought it! LOL. Afterward, I told him the truth. He wasn't too happy with me, but he got over it, after a martini in an air-conditioned club, that is. LMAO! He got razzed quite a bit that day.

Sucker.

Last edited:
Who you callin' a ground-pounder?:eusa_eh:

Marines are excused since they are part of the Navy.

Dude, I got no problem with Army. Both my brothers are Army officers, and my paternal grandfather is a retired Army SgtMaj. They have a jog and we have a job.

Marines are a force in readiness (shock troops). We do not have the sheer numbers to occupy on our own. We knock the fuckers reeling and the Army moves in for the long haul.

Ground-pounder is generic for grunt -- Army or Marine.

They still suck at football.:lol:
doesn't the Navy pretty much suck at football also?
It is kind of like that joke about the special Olympics.:razz:

Marines are excused since they are part of the Navy.

Dude, I got no problem with Army. Both my brothers are Army officers, and my paternal grandfather is a retired Army SgtMaj. They have a jog and we have a job.

Marines are a force in readiness (shock troops). We do not have the sheer numbers to occupy on our own. We knock the fuckers reeling and the Army moves in for the long haul.

Ground-pounder is generic for grunt -- Army or Marine.

They still suck at football.:lol:
Both teams pretty much suck at football, and I would know - I'm a Boilermaker fan.

Try being a WSU Cougar fan, the Apple Cup has been the Toilet Bowl pretty much the past couple years. So this year I moved my second favorite team, Boise State to my number one slot. :D

We do, the Annapolis boys usually suck at being officers too, at least until they shake all that shit they learned about the fantasy Navy, but that is another story.

At my first command I remember my very first Chief talking to our LT. who was leaving, the LT. stated there was an Annapolis man coming in and the Chief had a look of doom on his face.

The Lt. said "how long do you think it will take to train him?" And the Chief laughed and said "six months, maybe a year."

I was very close to joining the Navy after high school, I actually talked a few times with a recuiter and was about to sign up when my softball coach who had been in Vietnam talked me out of it.

At my first command I remember my very first Chief talking to our LT. who was leaving, the LT. stated there was an Annapolis man coming in and the Chief had a look of doom on his face.

The Lt. said "how long do you think it will take to train him?" And the Chief laughed and said "six months, maybe a year."
They're not so bad at sailing, though. The folks I sail with are Academy guys - about a third of the folks are, that is.

I was very close to joining the Navy after high school, I actually talked a few times with a recuiter and was about to sign up when my softball coach who had been in Vietnam talked me out of it.

You were batting over 500% and he needed you.

You know, I was in the Navy for an entire career and never learned to sail.

I have always wanted to learn to sail.

you are probably right, my last summer of league softball I was on fire. I never hit for the cycle because I could never get just a single, I could hit everything else but never a single. :D

you are probably right, my last summer of league softball I was on fire. I never hit for the cycle because I could never get just a single, I could hit everything else but never a single. :D

I am partial to a women who can whack big balls.

There are plenty of good sailors on that other side of the equator who would be happy to have a willing set of hands and you can learn that way.

Or, get to the Chesapeake and I can teach you - if you don't mind being so close to Annapolis ;) (I am one of the instructors in our club).

There are plenty of good sailors on that other side of the equator who would be happy to have a willing set of hands and you can learn that way.

Or, get to the Chesapeake and I can teach you - if you don't mind being so close to Annapolis ;) (I am one of the instructors in our club).

If I ever find my way up that way I will be your willing hand.

And I am sure we would have some great conversation on the deck too.

If I ever find my way up that way I will be your willing hand.

And I am sure we would have some great conversation on the deck too.
Just remember, Frogen, summer here is during actual summer. ;)

And below is a bit uncomfortable on our boats - they are 19.5' racing boats.

Forum List

Back