Glock Switches on Youtube, why is the ATF purposefully ignoring them?

1srelluc

Diamond Member
Nov 21, 2021
Shenandoah Valley of Virginia
About once a day my youtube shorts feed will have some random Glock Switch video.

The ATF is busy going door to door trying to confiscate FRTs (forced reset triggers) that they approved yet these Glock switches are everywhere and they aren't doing jack about it.

A couple of theories.

First one is that FRT owners are likely law abiding conservatives that they ATF are looking to persecute. Glock switches on the other hand are typically used by blacks....A demographic they aren't interested in hassling.

My second (and very plausible theory) is they plan to let these become ubiquitous then they will come down on Glocks as "readily convertible" like the open bolt semi Mac 10s. Glock will then be forced into a redesign.

They could easily find this Youtuber, but I doubt they even bother due to the fact they are affiliates of patrons of the people in power. Thus there is zero political advantage to go after them.

Remember, Mao said power comes from the barrel of a gun. leftists aren’t against them having guns or machine guns.....They are against you having them.

Or there's the conclusion normal people would draw, which is "bureaucracy moves slowly".

For how many years were bump stocks a thing before ATF finally acted? A whole lot.

Or there's the conclusion normal people would draw, which is "bureaucracy moves slowly".

For how many years were bump stocks a thing before ATF finally acted? A whole lot.
Shhh... don't confuse them with facts.

The difference is huge.....Braces were fine for many years....Just an accessory.

A Glock switch has always been a Class 3 item.....Mere possession of a unregistered glock switch is five years in Club Fed....X2 if used in a crime.

About once a day my youtube shorts feed will have some random Glock Switch video.

The ATF is busy going door to door trying to confiscate FRTs (forced reset triggers) that they approved yet these Glock switches are everywhere and they aren't doing jack about it.

A couple of theories.

First one is that FRT owners are likely law abiding conservatives that they ATF are looking to persecute. Glock switches on the other hand are typically used by blacks....A demographic they aren't interested in hassling.

My second (and very plausible theory) is they plan to let these become ubiquitous then they will come down on Glocks as "readily convertible" like the open bolt semi Mac 10s. Glock will then be forced into a redesign.

They could easily find this Youtuber, but I doubt they even bother due to the fact they are affiliates of patrons of the people in power. Thus there is zero political advantage to go after them.

Remember, Mao said power comes from the barrel of a gun. leftists aren’t against them having guns or machine guns.....They are against you having them.

They will get around to it. By the way, only an idiot bothers with either one and had best be a first shot hitter, properly aimed and none of the follow-on round will hit within 2 feet at anything 10 feet away or more and the user (especially one-handing) is almost as likely to put rounds through his own head.

They will get around to it. By the way, only an idiot bothers with either one and had best be a first shot hitter, properly aimed and none of the follow-on round will hit within 2 feet at anything 10 feet away or more and the user (especially one-handing) is almost as likely to put rounds through his own head.
I did see one video of a parking lot shooting and Glock switch guy put them all center of mass from about 15 yards away. Practice makes perfect I guess.

A couple of theories.

Did a quick check...and found this...

And, another one...

One more..,

There are more but don't take my word for it. Sell some Glock switches and see if ATF comes down on you. Go for it. What have you got to lose? :SMILEW~130:

I did see one video of a parking lot shooting and Glock switch guy put them all center of mass from about 15 yards away. Practice makes perfect I guess.
I would like to see it. I have fire and qualified with too many machine guns to be anything but skeptical.

Did a quick check...and found this...

And, another one...

One more..,

There are more but don't take my word for it. Sell some Glock switches and see if ATF comes down on you. Go for it. What have you got to lose? :SMILEW~130:
Drop in the bucket.....They are 3-D printed in their many hundreds (if not thousands) in every hood in the land.

Not that I think they can stop that part of it but DOJ can damn sure hook them up with serious time for their possession/use.....But they don't to any great extent.

I would like to see it. I have fire and qualified with too many machine guns to be anything but skeptical.
I can't find it but here is a professional using one. Looks to be at 7 yards.

I can't find it but here is a professional using one. Looks to be at 7 yards.

That is a pro. 99% are not, and with fully automatic weapons, most indoor ranges will not allow practice and same for many outdoor ranges for liability reasons. Those devices do not worry me much. I have seen first hand typical fire fight aftermath of a thug on a porch and another thug on the drive by a car. Car and porch had multiple bullet holes, along with one grazing half pass through shot to the calf of the thug on the porch. From the placards, it was obvious, both had used a full magazine and at least one other at a distance of about 10-12 meters. This is typical, even for single semi-automatic fire, as is born out by the many shootings reported weekly in Chicago and other big inner city occurrence, by the relative few hits or kills. There are also confirmed report of trained police emptying their weapons down hallways and failing to hit meat. Rapid automatic fire, only lowers the likelyhood of being or remaining on target. Odds say you are better off taking initial cover and returning fire in a controlled one squeeze/on round manner, as you were trained and most practiced. I will not be buying one of these devices.

That is a pro. 99% are not, and with fully automatic weapons, most indoor ranges will not allow practice and same for many outdoor ranges for liability reasons. Those devices do not worry me much. I have seen first hand typical fire fight aftermath of a thug on a porch and another thug on the drive by a car. Car and porch had multiple bullet holes, along with one grazing half pass through shot to the calf of the thug on the porch. From the placards, it was obvious, both had used a full magazine and at least one other at a distance of about 10-12 meters. This is typical, even for single semi-automatic fire, as is born out by the many shootings reported weekly in Chicago and other big inner city occurrence, by the relative few hits or kills. There are also confirmed report of trained police emptying their weapons down hallways and failing to hit meat. Rapid automatic fire, only lowers the likelyhood of being or remaining on target. Odds say you are better off taking initial cover and returning fire in a controlled one squeeze/on round manner, as you were trained and most practiced. I will not be buying one of these devices.
Sigh, the first casualty of rapid fire is paragraphs. ;)

It matters shit-all what you or I prefer as to how we discharge our weapons....Hood rats just don't give a shit.

Sigh, the first casualty of rapid fire is paragraphs. ;)

It matters shit-all what you or I prefer as to how we discharge our weapons....Hood rats just don't give a shit.
Alright, alright so I'm a word sumbitch! The sky is blue and grass is green. :smoke:
You live in a rural area. I live actually in a small city. Possibly hood rats are my most likely active shooting engagement of necessity and our typical hood rats are of the lessor professional variety. I would have time on their reload to take my shot. I don't want one.:cool:

Forum List

Back