Global warmimg? Is actually good for crop growth...duh.....

It's also called Summer,Winter, Spring, and Fall because that what it has been for thousands of years. dumb ass. If I were you I would try to find someone to sell you a clue.
again, demfks don't know the earth tilts on the axis or poles.

Scientifically ... we're expecting warmer and wetter conditions ... but not near enough extra rain to supply the ever increasing human population ... I'm sorry, deserts will remain deserts ...
dude, that's just silly.

Your confused with people who live in deserts won't get much rain, vs, people who live in normal regions and get too much.

The leftist "intellectual" John Fucking Kerry wants to completely REMOVE ALL THE CO2 from the atmosphere.

If someone THAT FUCKING STUPID is considered even average intelligence among the people you share political beliefs and principles with, you just might wanna do a little bit of self reflection.

holy fk!!!! you were being kind

Warmth is great for growing food...

Except when it's not. Flash droughts can happen in just weeks of intense dry, hot conditions and wipe out a crop.

There's a myth that even many environmentalists seem to be buying into, which is that there will be climate change 'winners' and 'losers' and that we will still all be able to adapt to future warmth by simply moving away from coastal areas and into regions that are wetter and cooler.

This ignores the fact that these regions can still suffer extreme conditions that will make habitation and agriculture quite difficult. There's no way we're going to support a population of 9-10 billion with significantly less arable land and groundwater if our current breadbaskets become defunct.

We're likely headed for a mass starvation event in the very near future, and with it, a major humanitarian crisis, and probably political crisis in handling the relocation of millions and millions of climate refugees.

By the way bed wetters, the people who grow your dope, inject CO2 into the greenhouse to increase yield. When we were kids growing dirt weed under fluorescent lights in our closets, we lit candles during the flowering cycle to explode the bud growth.

That's because plants do something called PHOTOSYNTHESIS, in which CO2 along with sunlight and water is used by the plants for the energy to grow. The result of this endeavor is the oxygen you steal from them every time you commit a misdemeanor theft by inhaling.

If some of the blithering lunatics you vote for ever managed to REMOVE or REDUCE the supply of CO2, it would reduce the ability of plants to grow, and reduce the available oxygen.
Yes, I believe they found around 1,000ppm/1,100ppm co2 was ideal for growing vegetables. Bearing in mind dinosaurs lived in 2,400+ppm co2, so plant growth must have be exceptional to keep those animals fed.

Except when it's not. Flash droughts can happen in just weeks of intense dry, hot conditions and wipe out a crop.

There's a myth that even many environmentalists seem to be buying into, which is that there will be climate change 'winners' and 'losers' and that we will still all be able to adapt to future warmth by simply moving away from coastal areas and into regions that are wetter and cooler.

This ignores the fact that these regions can still suffer extreme conditions that will make habitation and agriculture quite difficult. There's no way we're going to support a population of 9-10 billion with significantly less arable land and groundwater if our current breadbaskets become defunct.

We're likely headed for a mass starvation event in the very near future, and with it, a major humanitarian crisis, and probably political crisis in handling the relocation of millions and millions of climate refugees.

Then why are you burning coal to post this? ... you don't believe a word of this, do you? ...

Temperatures were warmer in the past than even the most extreme climate change predictions ... warmer, wetter and the advent of human agriculture ... the opposite of your claims ... care to explain? ...

Then why are you burning coal to post this? ... you don't believe a word of this, do you? ...

Temperatures were warmer in the past than even the most extreme climate change predictions ... warmer, wetter and the advent of human agriculture ... the opposite of your claims ... care to explain? ...

I think the next response from that poster is......'racism" or something....

I absolutely believe it

Temperatures were warmer in the past

A past when people weren't around, but as I've said here and elsewhere, it's not only warming that's the problem. It's overshoot. We have exceeded the carrying capacity to sustain modern industrial civilization for 8 billion people and counting.

Global climate change isn't the only problem we're dealing with; habitat destruction, the destruction of complex ecosystems, and the depletion of resources are other major problems.

than even the most extreme climate change predictions ...

IPCC's climate change projections are the standard. They believe that we're headed for 1.5C average temps above pre-1850 climate averages. They also believe that we can avoid that threshold if we stop using fossil fuels and switch to alternatives.

Most non-IPCC climate scientists I follow believe that IPCC is living in a fantasy world, and have predictions that are far more extreme and dire than what officials like Michael Mann are saying.

If you believe James Hansen, we are already committed to a global temperature increase of 10C toward the end of this century and into next. That's about 18F -- global average.

So what does that look like? Places that get high temperatures of 115F can now look forward to highs in the 130s - or higher. That is simply something people cannot survive. Yes, temperatures were once hotter, but there weren't any people around and the complex life that existed was well north and south of the equator.

warmer, wetter and the advent of human agriculture ... the opposite of your claims ... care to explain? ...

Acknowledged. The difference is, in the past it was volcanoes or other natural phenomena; this time it's pretty clearly human activity that's causing these changes. Moreover, we're changing the atmosphere while simultaneously destroying other components of the environment. This is almost certainly going to end modern global civilization as we know it, and there's a good chance it wipes out a lot of species, including our own.

I absolutely believe it

A past when people weren't around, but as I've said here and elsewhere, it's not only warming that's the problem. It's overshoot. We have exceeded the carrying capacity to sustain modern industrial civilization for 8 billion people and counting.

Global climate change isn't the only problem we're dealing with; habitat destruction, the destruction of complex ecosystems, and the depletion of resources are other major problems.

IPCC's climate change projections are the standard. They believe that we're headed for 1.5C average temps above pre-1850 climate averages. They also believe that we can avoid that threshold if we stop using fossil fuels and switch to alternatives.

Most non-IPCC climate scientists I follow believe that IPCC is living in a fantasy world, and have predictions that are far more extreme and dire than what officials like Michael Mann are saying.

If you believe James Hansen, we are already committed to a global temperature increase of 10C toward the end of this century and into next. That's about 18F -- global average.

So what does that look like? Places that get high temperatures of 115F can now look forward to highs in the 130s - or higher. That is simply something people cannot survive. Yes, temperatures were once hotter, but there weren't any people around and the complex life that existed was well north and south of the equator.

Acknowledged. The difference is, in the past it was volcanoes or other natural phenomena; this time it's pretty clearly human activity that's causing these changes. Moreover, we're changing the atmosphere while simultaneously destroying other components of the environment. This is almost certainly going to end modern global civilization as we know it, and there's a good chance it wipes out a lot of species, including our own.

That's nuts ... no where in the IPCC's report do scientists predict 10ºC temperature increase ... even under the RCP8.5 scenario, which is mostly discounted by actual climatologists ... you're just making shit up now ... or barfing back up the puke you've already consumed ... I listen to NPR too ...

"Hockey sticks" and runaway greenhouse effect is mythology ... no one's believe these things since the mid-19th Century ...

Why do you think there were more volcanic activity during the agricultural revolution? ... that's so odd ... and completely lame ... you're wrong, things are better for humans when climate is warmer ... our food stuffs grow better in the wetter world ahead ... though only a minuscule 1.5ºC is laughably small ...

Why are you burning fossil fuels and using the atmosphere as your sewer to post this tripe? ... you're being a total hypocrite ...

That's nuts ... no where in the IPCC's report do scientists predict 10ºC temperature increase

Read my post again. I didn't say that they did; I said that James Hansen predicts an 10C increase. Hansen and other non-IPCC scientists are pointing out that IPCC isn't exactly being straight with us. We cannot stop global climate change from going past the 1.5C mark, and it's very likely going to go well past that point. If Hansen if way off and only half right and temps warm by 'only' 5C, we're still in a world of trouble.

IPCC is an organization that exists as a kind of propaganda tool for the global pro-growth economic regime. They exist to acknowledge the fact that there's a global climate crisis but not to worry - we can continue destroying the planet if we just switch to solar panels and electric cars. It's nonsense.

Why do you think there were more volcanic activity during the agricultural revolution?

Point to me where I said that.

Why are you burning fossil fuels and using the atmosphere as your sewer to post this tripe? ... you're being a total hypocrite ...

Fine, I'm a hypocrite. That's not going to change our reality. Even if I go live in a cave, that won't change the problem. What's needed is coordinated, collective action. The global capitalist economy as we know it must end and be replaced with something entirely new. Figuring out what is admittedly the hard part.

Read my post again. I didn't say that they did; I said that James Hansen predicts an 10C increase. Hansen and other non-IPCC scientists are pointing out that IPCC isn't exactly being straight with us. We cannot stop global climate change from going past the 1.5C mark, and it's very likely going to go well past that point. If Hansen if way off and only half right and temps warm by 'only' 5C, we're still in a world of trouble.

IPCC is an organization that exists as a kind of propaganda tool for the global pro-growth economic regime. They exist to acknowledge the fact that there's a global climate crisis but not to worry - we can continue destroying the planet if we just switch to solar panels and electric cars. It's nonsense.

Point to me where I said that.

Fine, I'm a hypocrite. That's not going to change our reality. Even if I go live in a cave, that won't change the problem. What's needed is coordinated, collective action. The global capitalist economy as we know it must end and be replaced with something entirely new. Figuring out what is admittedly the hard part.

James Hansen's theories violate Stefan-Boltzmann's Law ...

I started reading Dr Hansen's textbook on climatology ... he doesn't say these things where his scientific credibility is at stake ... he attributes climate to be governed by two dozen factors ... GHGs are just a small part of the system as a whole ...

But you're welcome to believe what the National Enquirer paid him to say ... [ka'ching] ... losers believe that stuff everyday ... and will pay to hear more ...

James Hansen's theories violate Stefan-Boltzmann's Law ...

:rolleyes: I'll take random internet poster's word for it.

I started reading Dr Hansen's textbook on climatology ... he doesn't say these things where his scientific credibility is at stake ... he attributes climate to be governed by two dozen factors ... GHGs are just a small part of the system as a whole ...

But you're welcome to believe what the National Enquirer paid him to say ... [ka'ching] ... losers believe that stuff everyday ... and will pay to hear more ...

TBH, I could be a climate change denier and still conclude that we're eventually going to destroy civilization and most species on earth. As I've mentioned before, the real issue is ecological overshoot. If you've studied basic biology and can remember the population curve, then you know what happens to a species with abundant (but not unlimited) resources and little to no competition: the species grows almost exponentially at first. Then it flatlines as it suffers resource scarcity before it ultimately crashes from starvation and living in its own waste.

That's what's happening to us. Climate change is one mechanism of self-destruction, but the rapid destruction of biodiversity and resource depletion are others. I don't know why you think the human population can grow to some unlimited number without consequence. It defies the laws of biology.

:rolleyes: I'll take random internet poster's word for it.

Look it up ... temperature is proportional to the fourth root of irradiance ... that means we need a huge mass of carbon dioxide in the atmosphere to make a small change in temperature ... [giggle] ... and 150 ppm is a small amount of mass compared to the entire atmosphere ... common sense ...

TBH, I could be a climate change denier and still conclude that we're eventually going to destroy civilization and most species on earth. As I've mentioned before, the real issue is ecological overshoot. If you've studied basic biology and can remember the population curve, then you know what happens to a species with abundant (but not unlimited) resources and little to no competition: the species grows almost exponentially at first. Then it flatlines as it suffers resource scarcity before it ultimately crashes from starvation and living in its own waste.

Except where there's fossil fuel affluence ... Western Europe and Anglo-America ... these places see a below-replacement fertility rates where .. in fact ... resources are still in abundance ... ignorant animals will crash their numbers through lust and greed, humans so far appear to be avoiding such a fate ... by choice, not starvation ...

That's what's happening to us. Climate change is one mechanism of self-destruction, but the rapid destruction of biodiversity and resource depletion are others. I don't know why you think the human population can grow to some unlimited number without consequence. It defies the laws of biology.

Ah .. down to strawman arguments so soon ... I only said climate isn't changing ... it's all the other GODDAMN POLLUTION THAT COMES FROM FOSSIL FUELS that I'm against ...

Why bitch about population to people who already have their reproduction under control ... it's the folks without internet, without electricity, that are breeding like crazy ...

Forum List

Back