Give it Up: Man Will Never Go to the Stars

We will never get far into the solar system

m.youtube.com/watch?v=dCSIXLIzhzk
.If we're meant to be out there, then God would have give each planet a sun and moons, osmosis, plants, tree's, oxygen etc. Why we waste so much time and resources makes us look like the fools we just might be these days.

Certainly, star travel is not even remotely considerable without at least getting near the speed of light and using multi-generational sleeper ships. Faster than light travel will require an as-yet unforeseen revolution in science technology. But travel within the solar system is good, as it offers mineral resource development, etc., and assuming we survive our first few thousand years to become an advanced, peaceful civilization and can avoid and stop space impactors from ruining us, the ability to move further out into the solar system in the far-distant future as the Sun expands and gets hotter.

Man has traveled 1.3 light-SECONDS from home. That took about 3 days.

Pluto is 5.3 light-hours away.

The anti-God folks mock the possibility of a Being that dwells outside this universe and isn't subject to the laws of this universe. They call that "magic."

But sci-fi has had to invent "gimmicks" for Man to break the laws of the universe and allow us to travel these immense distances.

It is libs who live in a world of fantasy and faith, and "magic."

Man has traveled 1.3 light-SECONDS from home. That took about 3 days.

Pluto is 5.3 light-hours away.

The anti-God folks mock the possibility of a Being that dwells outside this universe and isn't subject to the laws of this universe. They call that "magic."

But sci-fi has had to invent "gimmicks" for Man to break the laws of the universe and allow us to travel these immense distances.

It is libs who live in a world of fantasy and faith, and "magic."

You may not realize this, but sci-fi is short for science fiction. Note the word 'fiction'. That means something not real.

The more you know.... ;)

Of course, when railways were first being developed, it was believed that we would be 'unable to breathe' above 60mph.
Never say never!

You may not realize this, but sci-fi is short for science fiction. Note the word 'fiction'. That means something not real.
Kinda my point, isn't it?

If your point is that storytellers invent fictional ways for humanity or aliens to travel the universe, sure. If, on the other hand, your point is that humanity can never "get far into the solar system," then no. It's not your point at all.

I'm not sure how space technology has anything to do with political affiliation.

.If we're meant to be out there, then God would have give each planet a sun and moons, osmosis, plants, tree's, oxygen etc. Why we waste so much time and resources makes us look like the fools we just might be these days.
Mankind/humankind/personkind (to cover any SJW's out there) has always had a innately curious nature, always wanting to see what's around the next corner, what's on the next planet.......so we search and we dream of far off places and what they may be like. NASA has always been a cumbersome government run agency dawdling along. Now, we have private sectors and other nations involved in searching the heavens. We may never achieve going to the next solar system (although NASA has announced a plan to send a craft to Alpha Centauri in 2069). But it doesn't kill us to keep trying to achieve interstellar travel and follow our dreams.
As for a "God," I don't believe there is one and never was. To me, he/she/it is as real as the Tooth Fairy, Santa Claus and Elves.

When I visited Monticello, Jefferson's home, I stood on the hill behind his house, and looked at the ridge to the west. At the time of Jefferson's birth, that was considered an impassable barrier to expansion to the West. By the time Jefferson had died, we had put an expedition all the way to the Pacific Ocean. 40 years later, there was the begging of a mass migration across the continent, and a bit more than a generation later, a railroad all the way across. Physics is a young science, and we have just scratched the surface of how the universe works.

The fools are the people who stay on this rock which will one day die. We need to master the universe

We are alone (besides the God Beings and his creation)
I believe that life is ubiquitous in the universe and intelligent life is common. My answer to the Fermi Paradox is that intelligent life is here on our planet. The only thing we can offer an advanced culture is ourselves since, as it appears planets are common, there is nothing special about our planet. I believe they are here studying us and other Earth life but, as in the Star Trek Prime Directive, they don't interfere, at least while we are alive.

Forum List

Back