Getting rid of the DH?

Should MLB get rid of the DH?

• Total voters

GHook93

Aristotle
Apr 22, 2007
Chicago
MLB sets up system that could ban DH -- chicagotribune.com

It sounds like they will finally do it. I am torn on the issue. I think having the pitcher bat addsa strategic element, makes the bench more important and is a more pure expression of the game. However, I hate watching pitchers bat with their sub-.100 BA and easy out mentality. DH adds more offense and allows players who can still bat, but can't field, the ability to prolong their career.

One thing is foresure. I hate that the NL and AL have difference rules!

Last edited:
Not only will it not happen, they should have the DH in both leagues, we are long past the old fashioned play of the NL.

I still like the NL rules.

Keep it seperate in both leagues. Adds some interesting discussion to the game.

its retarded to make pitchers bat in todays game. Games evolve and change. 100 years ago pitchers weren't getting paid 10, 15, 20+ mill a year to pitch.

In today's game pitchers are protected assets....they don't hit in college ball...they don't hit in the minors and then you expect them to hit in the Majors?

And they are such an important aspect of your team and have such a payroll commitment that you could risk injury running the bases? ( ie see wang for the Yankees, he was never the same after his injury).

Sure you can make the argument of the strategy involved and you would be 100% correct. However, pitchers are protected all the way coming up to the big leagues and then all of a sudden are given a bat and are prone to an unnecessary injury.

Actually, Showalter makes the exact opposite claim, he said managing in the NL was far easier because its automatic to bunt, pinch hit ect, and in teh AL it was harder to know when to pull a pitcher.

They should get rid of the DH, you don't see DH's in women's softball. :D
But wait until until after next season, after Griffey retires.

Forum List

Back