getting back into a recession??? Ha-Ha-ha

texasdon

Jan 28, 2012
San Antonio,Texas
I keep hearing on the news that we might get back into a recession if certain things are not done. It is hilarious. I know there is a specific definition of what a "recession" is--but I say we are still in a recession right now and have been for over 5 years.We have never gotten out of the 1st recession --it has just simply continued on and on and on and on.........Go out and ask the people if they think we ever got out of a recession in the past 5 years and see what they say.

Last edited:
I keep hearing on the news that we might get back into a recession if certain things are not done. It is hilarious. I know there is a specific definition of what a "recession" is--but I say we are still in a recession right now and have been for over 5 years.We have never gotten out of the 1st recession --it has just simply continued on and on and on and on.........Go out and ask the people if they think we ever got out of a recession in the past 5 years and see what they say.

I believe the standard definition of "recession" is three consequetive quarters of economic contraction (negative growth). Local economic conditions can be horrible or terrific, quite apart from the national economic numbers. Personally, I thought that the entire 8 years of Bush's presidency seemed recessionary--had it not been for his deficit spending, we probably would have been in a recession.

I believe the standard definition of "recession" is three consequetive quarters of economic contraction (negative growth). Local economic conditions can be horrible or terrific, quite apart from the national economic numbers. Personally, I thought that the entire 8 years of Bush's presidency seemed recessionary--had it not been for his deficit spending, we probably would have been in a recession.

Krugman says it is a depression. In fact he has a book out called, "End This Depression Now."

Forum List

Back