Get rid of TSA. Let the airlines set up their own checkpoints.

ShootSpeeders

Gold Member
May 13, 2012
As always govt can't do anything - mainly because they don't even try. Govt workers know they can't be fired. Other companies hire security guards so why not the airlines.?

As always govt can't do anything - mainly because they don't even try. Govt workers know they can't be fired. Other companies hire security guards so why not the airlines.?
All of the above is bullshit.
Government employees have to perform to a certain standard or they get booted just like everyone else.
If the idea of hiring a security company appeals to you .
Then you should be aware that security companies hire the bottom of the barrel , lowest education level half wits imaginable.

What I can't grasp is how TSA allows a few "agents" who have obviously failed the courses in becoming rude and obnoxious to actually work in the field. Now and then I come across one who is polite and the shock........

What I can't grasp is how TSA allows a few "agents" who have obviously failed the courses in becoming rude and obnoxious to actually work in the field. Now and then I come across one who is polite and the shock........

They're not there to be polite. They exist for SECURITY, not Socialization. Americans need to learn what real Security is. I'll take 100 rude agents who find shit over a friendly agent who misses stuff.

They're not there to be polite. They exist for SECURITY, not Socialization. Americans need to learn what real Security is. I'll take 100 rude agents who find shit over a friendly agent who misses stuff.
they can be good at their jobs and be polite at the same time.....geezus you must be fun to be around....

How will adequate security measures be maintained between and among various airlines; what about airlines unable to afford to implement adequate security measures; and we can’t trust private companies to ensure the safety of passengers while at the same time pursuing profits.

Government oversight and regulation would still be needed to ensure that security measures are adequate and consistently followed by all airlines, just as government oversight and regulation is needed to ensure airlines keep air frames and engines functioning safely and that aircrews are properly trained and capable of performing their responsibilities.

they can be good at their jobs and be polite at the same time.....geezus you must be fun to be around....
A life long case of jock itch changes a man.

they can be good at their jobs and be polite at the same time..... geezus you must be fun to be around....

Actually, no they really can't. It is their job to be assholes. It's their job to separate you from that pocketknife grandpa gave you or you great aunt's embroidery scissors. In fact it's YOUR fault for not putting it in you CHECKED baggage.

They don't find shit. That's the problem. They fail security tests over 90% of the time.

Except they're rude fucks that fail more than 90% of the time.

It is not security...it is feel-good security theatre.

The airlines would do a much better job of providing their own security and they would do it at less cost. I've been all over the world and in no other country have I gone through the useless waste of time nonsense the TSA puts people through and none of those places have experienced terrorist hijackings either. The TSA is an overly bloated, grossly over priced bureaucracy that has failed, plain and simple, but because the vast majority of Americans are afraid of their own shadow we're going to have to continue suffering this nonsense for some time to come.

Except they're rude fucks that fail more than 90% of the time.

It is not security...it is feel-good security theatre.

Which is why I want REAL Security in this country rather than the false Security we have now. Not just at airports, train stations, bus depots, etc.... I mean EVERYWHERE.

they can be good at their jobs and be polite at the same time..... geezus you must be fun to be around....

Actually, no they really can't. It is their job to be assholes. It's their job to separate you from that pocketknife grandpa gave you or you great aunt's embroidery scissors. In fact it's YOUR fault for not putting it in you CHECKED baggage.
if they have your attitude towards life and other people, you are right.....thankfully not everyone has your attitude towards life and other people........

Forum List

Back