Germanic Pride and Ethnic Pride in General

Discussion in 'Race Relations/Racism' started by Middleman, Oct 7, 2010.

1. Middleman

Middleman Defender of the month

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +289
    I've been lurking on a site dedicated to Germanic Pride lately. I actually came across it while researching igloos of all things, and someone had there had posted some racial information about Inuits, and their genetic ability to withstand cold.

So, I checked out the site, which claimed to be non-racist, open-minded, etc. This site is not Stormfront, btw. Since my ancestors are English and Dutch, I thought I could find out more about my heritage. I'm proud of my ancestors, I think those two nations have interesting histories, and that is a part of who I am.

Anyways, after spending a little time there, it seems like it's mainly populated by people who intensely hate Jews, first and foremost. Many of them buy into every Jewish conspiracy theory in the book. They are also obsessed with Germanic purity, and some of them admire Adolf Hitler. There are quite a few Europeans who post there too.

Anyone who doesn't despise Jews wouldn't really fit in well there. They also dislike other groups, but Jews are the number one bad guys, even above Muslims or Blacks. Also some of them hate Slavic people too, there's a whole thread asking about people's opinions of Slavs.

Anyways, it was an eye-opener for me. Why does Ethnic Pride so often have to be so angry and reactionary? It seems the same with other ethnic groups as well.

2. Ozmar

Ozmar This tree will shoot you.

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +282
    What's ironic is that a lot of Germans from the former eastern territories were either of mixed Germanic/ Slavic heritage, or were fully Slavic, but linguistically and culturally Germanized. When the exodus of 16 million ethnic Germans happened after WW2, this mixed population is what was imposed on the more "Germanic" remains of Germany.

3. uptownlivin90

uptownlivin90 Rebelious Youngin

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +384
    Most of them probably had horrible personal lives and need to make themselves feel "superior" to others.

Thank God for those of us who can be proud of our heritage without being hateful towards others for no apparent reason.

4. Mr Clean

Mr Clean Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +3,826
    The last thing we need is to get the Germans all cranked up about national pride.

The last time that happened, the results were none too pretty.

5. William Joyce

William Joyce Chemotherapy for PC

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,349
    Assnugget, NO WHITE PERSON is allowed ethnic pride without being called a "hater".

EVERY black, Hispanic, whatever can have it, and they aren't called "hater" even if they are.

So I don't think God has anything to do with it.

I thank God for the growing number of whites who UNDERSTAND this bullshit and say "hell no, we won't go."

6. 2Parties

2Parties Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +123
    So why are you so proud about being white?

7. Sunni Man

Sunni Man Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +12,444
    I am not anti-semitic.

But I might like to visit the site if they have an english translation.

Can you tell us what the site is?

8. WillowTree

WillowTree Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +14,731
    You think he should be ashamed? Can he help being white? Was he born that way? I bet you pick on gay people too huh? Asswipe.

9. 2Parties

2Parties Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +123
    I don't care. I have white skin. Whoopity do, means nothing to me. I'm not proud of it and I wouldn't care if it was a different color (unless it was green or purple). Why anyone should be proud of their country or skin color is nonsense. You didn't choose to be a certain color or born in a specific territory.

Why are you proud of being white and a European American? Why is it special to you and what does it mean?

10. Ozmar

Ozmar This tree will shoot you.

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +282
    White people seem proud enough. They're always telling others whether or not they should be proud. I guess the real question then becomes "Why do white people get so defensive when people who aren't white assert that they are worth a damn?"