Georgia police officer surprises boy with new PlayStation after getting calls to remove him

1srelluc

Diamond Member
Nov 21, 2021
Shenandoah Valley of Virginia
A Georgia police officer received a call to remove a young boy who was asking neighbors if he could do yardwork in order to earn money.

However, upon arriving, the City of Hapeville Police Department said that Officer Colleran discovered the boy wanted to pull weeds, mow lawns, or cut hedges to earn money for a new PlayStation.

“The young man was polite, respectful and truthful,” the police department said in a Facebook post. “Colleran, a gamer himself, was impressed with the young man and thought he would help him reach his goal.”

That’s when Colleran worked with some of his friends to buy a PlayStation and a gift card to cover membership expenses, making it possible for the boy to get started playing.

“Officer Colleran made sure that this young man knew they would play on the same team online soon,” the department said.

Now before some sad sack starts going on about the boy should have earned the Playstation.....

The boy clearly already has work ethic so I doubt the officer's act of kindness negatively affected it.

It is more likely that offering to perform tasks but still getting turned down would have more negative effect.

It was kind gesture by the officer, after a shitty action by the community member. Hopefully both sides will be remembered accordingly.

I bet some Karen called the cops on him but unfortunately we live in a low trust society, so nobody was willing to chance even letting a boy earn some money on his own. This is where we are now.....It sucks.

I would advise the little boy to get a paper route to earn money like I did in the 1960s but then people don't read newspapers anymore do they?. Sorry I brought it up.

I would advise the little boy to get a paper route to earn money like I did in the 1960s but then people don't read newspapers anymore do they?. Sorry I brought it up.
LOL....My bike required a big basket on the front and two saddle baskets to do my route.....Given the size of our daily paper now I could get them all in a game vest.

A Georgia police officer received a call to remove a young boy who was asking neighbors if he could do yardwork in order to earn money.

However, upon arriving, the City of Hapeville Police Department said that Officer Colleran discovered the boy wanted to pull weeds, mow lawns, or cut hedges to earn money for a new PlayStation.

“The young man was polite, respectful and truthful,” the police department said in a Facebook post. “Colleran, a gamer himself, was impressed with the young man and thought he would help him reach his goal.”

That’s when Colleran worked with some of his friends to buy a PlayStation and a gift card to cover membership expenses, making it possible for the boy to get started playing.

“Officer Colleran made sure that this young man knew they would play on the same team online soon,” the department said.

Now before some sad sack starts going on about the boy should have earned the Playstation.....

The boy clearly already has work ethic so I doubt the officer's act of kindness negatively affected it.

It is more likely that offering to perform tasks but still getting turned down would have more negative effect.

It was kind gesture by the officer, after a shitty action by the community member. Hopefully both sides will be remembered accordingly.

I bet some Karen called the cops on him but unfortunately we live in a low trust society, so nobody was willing to chance even letting a boy earn some money on his own. This is where we are now.....It sucks.
There are good cops out there. The problem in.Canada at least especialy.with plain clothed officers, is that they attract the wrong people and the bad apples who hire elect to keep it that way.

I think it's great that the boy was atleast trying to do the right thing by earning the money to pay for it himself, instead of expecting others to pay for him, or go out and steal it like others might do. Kid deserves respect. As well as the officer for seeing that and helping him out.

The idiot(s) that called the cops on him should be fined for wasting police resources

LOL....My bike required a big basket on the front and two saddle baskets to do my route.....Given the size of our daily paper now I could get them all in a game vest.

They arent heavy enough to even throw

Forum List

Back