George won't be helping Jeb

Mac1958

Diamond Member
Dec 8, 2011
Opposing Authoritarian Ideological Fundamentalism.
George W. Bush saying voters do not like dynasties plans to stay off campaign trail - The Washington Post

Holy crap. So the point here is that George won't help Jeb because he has determined that the electorate doesn't like dynasties.

Not because he left an absolute disaster, a mess of historic proportions, in his wake.

I mean, it's obvious that America absolutely loved his presidency and would love to see much, much more of the same, but that dynasty thing really bugs us and we'd just have to say "no thank you" on the grounds that too much of a good thing from one family would be a little scary, kind of dangerous.

I'm the first to admit that I really don't understand partisan politics, I never know when partisans are being honest or lying or are laboring completely in delusion/denial.

Either way, this is kind of funny.

George W. Bush saying voters do not like dynasties plans to stay off campaign trail - The Washington Post

Holy crap. So the point here is that George won't help Jeb because he has determined that the electorate doesn't like dynasties.

Not because he left an absolute disaster, a mess of historic proportions, in his wake.

I mean, it's obvious that America absolutely loved his presidency and would love to see much, much more of the same, but that dynasty thing really bugs us and we'd just have to say "no thank you" on the grounds that too much of a good thing from one family would be a little scary, kind of dangerous.

I'm the first to admit that I really don't understand partisan politics, I never know when partisans are being honest or lying or are laboring completely in delusion/denial.

Agreed....W's presidency was a disaster, primarily because of his foreign interventions, massive government intrusions, unconstitutional actions, deficit spending, open borders, and growth of the central government. He has much in common with the current POTUS and yet, the partisans on both sides can't see this truth.

IMO partisans are delusional. They believe something that is not so...is this not delusional?

Agreed....W's presidency was a disaster, primarily because of his foreign interventions, massive government intrusions, unconstitutional actions, deficit spending, open borders, and growth of the central government. He has much in common with the current POTUS and yet, the partisans on both sides can't see this truth.

IMO partisans are delusional. They believe something that is not so...is this not delusional?
Yep, and this is what fascinates me the most about politics, the psychology of partisanship. Read up on the subconscious -- it is believed across the board that the subconscious, over time, will begin to believe almost anything if certain conditions and criteria are met (repetition of ideas, clarity of ideas, purity of ideas, avoidance of ideas, etc etc), and I'm now convinced that most of these people truly do believe at least most of what they say.

That's the scary part. How do you communicate with someone like that? And worse, what happens when these people are in positions of power and authority?

Yep, and this is what fascinates me the most about politics, the psychology of partisanship. Read up on the subconscious -- it is believed across the board that the subconscious, over time, will begin to believe almost anything if certain conditions and criteria are met (repetition of ideas, clarity of ideas, purity of ideas, avoidance of ideas, etc etc), and I'm now convinced that most of these people truly do believe at least most of what they say.

That's the scary part. How do you communicate with someone like that? And worse, what happens when these people are in positions of power and authority?

Partisans by their very nature, are delusional. They believe in one party over the other, when in reality there is little difference between the two.

Their beliefs can be summed up as follows:
Ds good...Rs bad.
or
Rs good...Ds bad.

But without partisanship, the elites could not continue to control and fleece the American people.

Partisans by their very nature, are delusional. They believe in one party over the other, when in reality there is little difference between the two.

Ds good...Rs bad.
or
Rs good...Ds bad.

But without partisanship, the elites could not continue to control and fleece the American people.

I was with you up until you did the " they're both the same" thing. Dems just stopped the TPP until protections were put in place. Repubs do the opposite. Dems walk the walk to a larger degree than Repubs.

Doesn't look like Jeb will be helping Jeb, either. President Jeb? Ugh, that doesn't work for me. There should be a law banning Presidents named "Jeb".

The only help 'W' could be to any candidate would be to support his/her opposition.

[QUOTE="gipper, post: 11277833, member: 27454"

Ds good...Rs bad.
or
Rs good...Ds bad.

But without partisanship, the elites could not continue to control and fleece the American people.[/QUOTE]

I'm not going to comment on whether Ds or Rs are good or bad, but I will note that there are substantially policy disagreements that really do manifest themselves. For example, the Democrats have consistently favored gay marriage far more than the Republicans. In the last few years the push for marijuana legalization has also come primarily from the Ds. The Rs have been primarily against these issues, and in favor larger military spending, reduced taxes. These are a few of the relevant examples.

There's no evil elite that is coordinating both parties.

Ds good...Rs bad.
or
Rs good...Ds bad.

I'm not going to comment on whether Ds or Rs are good or bad, but I will note that there are substantially policy disagreements that really do manifest themselves. For example, the Democrats have consistently favored gay marriage far more than the Republicans. In the last few years the push for marijuana legalization has also come primarily from the Ds. The Rs have been primarily against these issues, and in favor larger military spending, reduced taxes. These are a few of the relevant examples.

There's no evil elite that is coordinating both parties.[/QUOTE]
There are stated differences, but in the end nothing comes of it.

For example, Rs talk a good game about abortion, but do nothing. That is what they do to make you think they are different from Ds, but they are not. Voters on both sides can't see the hoax.

The oligarchy (generally the .01%) do control both parties with their money. It is more evident every day.

Well OMG. I guess he (Bush) should be more like Billy Boy and shove himself off on us for Hillary. Or like Mabell Obama, who seems to think we want to hear from her all the time

Ds good...Rs bad.
or
Rs good...Ds bad.

There's no evil elite that is coordinating both parties.

For example, Rs talk a good game about abortion, but do nothing. That is what they do to make you think they are different from Ds, but they are not. Voters on both sides can't see the hoax.

The oligarchy (generally the .01%) do control both parties with their money. It is more evident every day.[/QUOTE]

I'm curious, do you think that say the repeal of DODA would have happened under a Republican President with a Republican congress?

The oligarchy (generally the .01%) do control both parties with their money. It is more evident every day.

I'm sorry, did you just say the Rs do nothing on Abortion? Are you on drugs? Do you know how many clinics have closed down in R controlled states? Have you ever heard of admitting privileges?

Abortion is probably the one issue where the entire Republican Party is completely and fully united, they are doing everything in their power to end abortion. From tea party to establishment.

Forum List

Back