George and Laura Bush's Texas Ranch

How Bush's grandfather helped Hitler's rise to power | World news | The Guardian

Does this count as ill gotten funds or criminal type stuff for making a lot of money?

George Bush is now tied to Hitler?
Dear God - what a fucking stretch.

No, that is not what the article says. It says his grandfather Prescott was a director of a bank that got in some trouble for doing deals with the Hitler regime back in pre WWII days.

They did business with German companies, of which there were thousands of other companies that did the same thing. The relationship started in 1926, Hitler didn't come to power until 1933.

GW and Laura are good people. Class acts... didn't like some of what he did as President, but I think that goes for every President. Loved the pictures of the house. I think its obvious that Laura does the majority of the decorating.

No, that is not what the article says. It says his grandfather Prescott was a director of a bank that got in some trouble for doing deals with the Hitler regime back in pre WWII days.

They did business with German companies, of which there were thousands of other companies that did the same thing. The relationship started in 1926, Hitler didn't come to power until 1933.

I don't know why people find it necessary to defend the old timers that made their families rich long ago. Guys like Prescott Bush and Joe Kennedy appear to have been involved in some shady deals and practices that brought enormous wealth to their families. The legacy of that kind of thing is that we end up with leaders who got to be leaders in large part through inheritance and connections rather than true and genuine worthiness and a self earned position acquired through merit. It has no reflection on the goodness or character or worth of the person in question. They can be very fine people, but they got their wealth, station and position in life from being born into specific families and circumstances.

No matter how you spin it, Prescott Bush had bank assets seized under the Trading with the Enemy Act in 1942. That means his bank was doing business with Nazi Germany while it built the German war machine and was invading countries of Europe and rounding up Jews and others for it's death camps and forced labor camps.

George Bush had nothing to do with it. He wasn't even born. Prescott's son, George H. W., almost lost his life fighting in the war he in an indirect way helped to create. No matter how you cut it however, the family wealth at least in part, comes from those disreputable shady dealings.

Last edited:
why did luddly delete his embarrassingly hateful post when 3 people quoted it? did he really think no one would notice?

LOL
[MENTION=1528]Yurt[/MENTION]
Liar.

I have deleted no post.

You never learn, do you? This is just another one of your lies.

PROVE I deleted a post.

Post a link or admit you're lying.

GW and Laura are good people. Class acts... didn't like some of what he did as President, but I think that goes for every President. Loved the pictures of the house. I think its obvious that Laura does the majority of the decorating.

Oh good grief.

No, they are NOT "good people".

jeeeez

Some of you will swallow every bite of shit you're fed.

I don't know why people find it necessary to defend the old timers that made their families rich long ago. Guys like Prescott Bush and Joe Kennedy appear to have been involved in some shady deals and practices that brought enormous wealth to their families. The legacy of that kind of thing is that we end up with leaders who got to be leaders in large part through inheritance and connections rather than true and genuine worthiness and a self earned position acquired through merit. It has no reflection on the goodness or character or worth of the person in question. They can be very fine people, but they got their wealth, station and position in life from being born into specific families and circumstances.

No matter how you spin it, Prescott Bush had bank assets seized under the Trading with the Enemy Act in 1942. That means his bank was doing business with Nazi Germany while it built the German war machine and was invading countries of Europe and rounding up Jews and others for it's death camps and forced labor camps.

George Bush had nothing to do with it. He wasn't even born. Prescott's son, George H. W., almost lost his life fighting in the war he in an indirect way helped to create. No matter how you cut it however, the family wealth at least in part, comes from those disreputable shady dealings.

And its fact that they got money from the bin Ladens as well as other big oil families.

hell, even the delusional revisionists can't deny the photos of Georgy boy with his tongue down the throat of an oil sheik.

Nothing honorable about that bunch. And, those who think that the dick of a veep ran the show are probably wrong. The Bush dynasty ran the White House as a "for profit" organization and slimy Cheney benefited from that.

When it comes to corruption, the Bushes are among the absolute dirtiest in our history.

Money gotten through crime.

No better than a mob boss.

I hope he's enjoying the spoils.

More like payback money made through his invasion of Iraq at the behest of the Saudis.

How Bush's grandfather helped Hitler's rise to power | World news | The Guardian

Does this count as ill gotten funds or criminal type stuff for making a lot of money?

It's common knowledge.

First, we are not Klingons, sins of the father is not a valid legal precedent.

2nd: This is about German and American Companies doing business before WWII, not any direct links to the German Government...

Fail post is fail.

Sure seems like you guys are blaming a lot on all those poor Central American children, aren't you?

why did luddly delete his embarrassingly hateful post when 3 people quoted it? did he really think no one would notice?

LOL
Liar.

I have deleted no post.

PROVE I deleted a post.

OMG. Is Yurtle the pissant yurting again? Isn't he aware that sometimes a mod deletes a post?

Why doesn't he pick up his hot line and ask?

And its fact that they got money from the bin Ladens as well as other big oil families.

hell, even the delusional revisionists can't deny the photos of Georgy boy with his tongue down the throat of an oil sheik.

Nothing honorable about that bunch. And, those who think that the dick of a veep ran the show are probably wrong. The Bush dynasty ran the White House as a "for profit" organization and slimy Cheney benefited from that.

When it comes to corruption, the Bushes are among the absolute dirtiest in our history.

Ouch! That must have stung!

pEnX0Vn.gif
pEnX0Vn.gif

LOL
Liar.

I have deleted no post.

PROVE I deleted a post.

if you didn't delete it, who did? only you and the mods can delete your post. i can't see a mod deleting your post but leaving up all the posts who quoted you, they usually clean up everything, including the posts that quoted the deleted post and in this case, there was no effort made to deleting any post that quoted you.

calm down, count to ten and respond when you are more rational. if you didn't delete your post, fine. but don't get all hissy and call me a liar.

LOL
Liar.

I have deleted no post.

PROVE I deleted a post.

if you didn't delete it, who did? only you and the mods can delete your post. i can't see a mod deleting your post but leaving up all the posts who quoted you, they usually clean up everything, including the posts that quoted the deleted post and in this case, there was no effort made to deleting any post that quoted you.

calm down, count to ten and respond when you are more rational. if you didn't delete your post, fine. but don't get all hissy and call me a liar.

hilarious, after having a spastic meltdown and starting a thread calling me a liar....the troll can't even respond when i show him truth and logic.

loser

The lefts hatred for the Bush family no longer surprises me.

The man brought this place when he was in private industry, before entering politics. He has always had it as his home and Laura has done an awesome job of making it a home for he and their children.

What a great place to grow up. It also keeps them out of the press limelight. I think they are two of the classiest people ever.

Bush deserves whatever ill-will he gets.

He damn-near brought the country to ruin.

Money gotten through crime.

No better than a mob boss.

I hope he's enjoying the spoils.

It would be so refreshing and serene if you lefties would simply take your hate filled and worthless comments over to the political section. You can spew your poison all over the place there and use vile and disgusting language without fear of retribution.......on this relatively quiet and friendly site, I hope you get all your hateful posts deleted.

Forum List

Back