Gdp 6.9%

Darkwind

Diamond Member
Jun 18, 2009
Good news. The GDP is up.

And to think. Liberals said tax cuts don't work. A tax cut to 95% of America and the economy is roaring!!

To bad this bubble is going to pop as soon as the taxes go up, health care gets passed and the government stops spending.

But it was a good ride for the last month.

ITS ALL OBAMAS FAULT!!!! Err wait? :eusa_eh:
Hey, I am 1,000% for a growing GDP in this country. I don't care who is sitting in the crazy chair. Now if unemployment would go down I'd be even happier for My country.

I just worry about what is going to happen when the bubble bursts.

You are right about tax cuts helping growth.
You are wrong about health care reform.
Over the last 20 years health care has gone up about 15% a year.
Explain how that makes a great system that does not need a complete over haul.

Well, if I am a health insurance company I think its a fucking AMAZING system.

Makes me hopeful. But we are still in a way too delicate situation.

Last edited:
I am not wrong about health care. Government take over of any industry destroys it.

You realize that the dishonest debate on health care started out with, "We just want to make sure that 40 million Americans get coverage" and now it is something else entirely?

Do you realize that this crisis has been a crisis since.....the early 1900's? Not much of a crisis, is it?

Good news for sure. As far as healthcare goes, anyone that wants these dishonest, money grubbing, law garbling pieces of politician trash handling their healthcare is either retired or out of their freaking minds!

4th quarter GDP was primarily government spending and inventory replacement - both of which were largely temporary.

Let's wait until we get first quarter for 010 before we pop the corks.

The economic waters remain very very troubled...

4th quarter GDP was primarily government spending and inventory replacement - both of which were largely temporary.

Let's wait until we get first quarter for 010 before we pop the corks.

The economic waters remain very very troubled...

Federal government spending rose 0.1%. State and local spending fell 2%. So government was a drag on the economy in Q4.

News Release: Gross Domestic Product

And to think. Liberals said tax cuts don't work. A tax cut to 95% of America and the economy is roaring!!

To bad this bubble is going to pop as soon as the taxes go up, health care gets passed and the government stops spending.

Shows the economic benefit of having a Democratic Congress and President.

Did anyone else notice that the GOP tax cut created the worst recession in 70 years?

The GDP # is misleading. Much of the growth is due to lower rates of inventory liquidations - not building up of new inventory.

The germane stat is unemployment, which is much worse that the official #s promoted by the Government. Shadow Statistics has a more realistic version - currently 21%.

The SGS Alternate Unemployment Rate reflects current unemployment reporting methodology adjusted for SGS-estimated long-term discouraged workers, who were defined out of official existence in 1994. That estimate is added to the BLS estimate of U-6 unemployment, which includes short-term discouraged workers.

Shadow Government Statistics - Home Page

An anemic recovery without jobs is Very Cold Comfort.

Glad you admit that the stimulus is working.

Glad you admit that the stimulus is working.

That remains to be seen, I have many doubts.

Forum List

Back