CDZ Gay Republicans -- What are these folks going to do this election cycle

320 Years of History

Gold Member
Nov 1, 2015
Washington, D.C.
Brooke Baldwin just completed an interview with some fellow who is gay and who is a registered Republican. At the moment, the man says he's voting for Trump, not because he's keen on Trump, but because the other two GOP candidates are so much more odious to him. Okay, I "get" that.

Am I the only one who, of that man, is wondering if his sexuality and the issues that derive from and pertain to it are paramount among his voting priorities:
  • why is he registered as a Republican?
  • why not being keen on any of the GOP options he's even voting at all in the GOP primary?
If it is instead the case that one or more of the things, besides his gayness, that make him be Republican are more important than is his sexuality, why did he agree to sit on global news as a gay Republican? It would seem as though if one's sexuality isn't foremost among one's political motivators, the fact that one is gay, straight, indeterminate, etc. is irrelevant, and the rest of us don't need to know what one thinks, other perhaps than as a Republican.

So what is the thread's question?
Why is anyone who is a member of the LBGT community and for whom LBGT issues aren't among their "top three" determining factors for voting for one or another candidate, in fact this time round registered as Republicans?​

Fair disclosure:
  • I have never seen the idea of one's being both gay and Republican as anything other than ideologically oxymoronic.
  • I am totally indifferent about with whom one -- gay, straight, bi, asexual, polyamorous, etc. -- has sex or wants to have sex with, except, of course, if I happen to be the person with whom they want to "get busy."

Last edited:
Maybe because he doesn't want to get thrown off a roof for sucking penis in 10 years? :dunno:

I do get what you are saying though..
It reminds me of the left. How they can preach about income inequality, the elite screwing us over blah blah blah and then support Cankles?

As a gay man, I'll continue to vote for my values and those most aligns with The Libertarian Party. The Democrats are charlatans and the GOP is far too married to the Evangelicalism for my taste. I'll proudly cast my vote for Gary Johnson again this November. I refuse to put a bag over my head before I enter the poll booth. lol

As a gay man, I'll continue to vote for my values and those most aligns with The Libertarian Party. The Democrats are charlatans and the GOP is far too married to the Evangelicalism for my taste. I'll proudly cast my vote for Gary Johnson again this November. I refuse to put a bag over my head before I enter the poll booth. lol
I got him on the "I Side With" test. I didn't even know who he was.

• Thanks
Reactions: mdk
Maybe they want to support their country, and feel Republicans are the best choice.

He's a good egg. Naturally that means he entirely unelectable by either of the major parties.

Brooke Baldwin just completed an interview with some fellow who is gay and who is a registered Republican. At the moment, the man says he's voting for Trump, not because he's keen on Trump, but because the other two GOP candidates are so much more odious to him. Okay, I "get" that.

Am I the only one who, of that man, is wondering if his sexuality and the issues that derive from and pertain to it are paramount among his voting priorities:
  • why not being keen on any of the GOP options he's even voting at all in the GOP primary?
If it is instead the case that one or more of the things, besides his gayness, that make him be Republican are more important than is his sexuality, why did he agree to sit on global news as a gay Republican? It would seem as though if one's sexuality isn't foremost among one's political motivators, the fact that one is gay, straight, indeterminate, etc. is irrelevant, and the rest of us don't need to know what one thinks, other perhaps than as a Republican.

Why is anyone who is a member of the LBGT community and for whom LBGT issues aren't among their "top three" determining factors for voting for one or another candidate, in fact this time round registered as Republicans?​

Fair disclosure:
  • I have never seen the idea of one's being both gay and Republican as anything other than ideologically oxymoronic.
  • I am totally indifferent about with whom one -- gay, straight, bi, asexual, polyamorous, etc. -- has sex or wants to have sex with, except, of course, if I happen to be the person with whom they want to "get busy."
Person and Republican is ideologically oxymoronic.

I can't think of any extra reasons a gay man should do worse under GOP rule. The entire GOP mission is criminal with a thin layer of traditionalism on top, which is easily wiped aside after the election, leaving nothing but a solid block of fuck America.

"why is he registered as a Republican?"

Because gay Americans are much more than just their sexuality, as is the case with heterosexuals.

Because gay Americans are no different than anyone else, and have opinions and beliefs that run from one side of the political spectrum to the other, where they’re not defined solely by their sexuality.

And because they’d like to return the party to its roots, before the advent of the bane of the social right, before the party was misappropriated by bigots and religious extremists, such as the likes of Cruz.

Fair disclosure:
Why would a gay person be a Republican? It's a bit of a circular question, isn't it? Why is someone a Republican? Why is someone gay? Some will say that both are choices and some will say that neither are choices. I lean towards neither.

There are calculated choices involved in being outliers. People who seek to populate what they consider to be underdeveloped areas in a party's constituent portfolio. People who tried to anticipate the findings of the 2012 autopsy, which recommended that the Republicans diversify or die. Black Republicans like Michael Steele, Hispanic Republicans like Ana Navarro. People who are on the news shows trying to be the new face of the party, signs pointing the way to go.

The rank and file are just people who have decided that Republicans represent their POV on more issues than the Dems do. And who are gay. If they feel their fundamental rights are going to be challenged, though, visitation rights, tax filing status rights, will they be able to maintain the illusion that there is a place for them in the Republican party?

There are calculated choices involved in being outliers. People who seek to populate what they consider to be underdeveloped areas in a party's constituent portfolio. People who tried to anticipate the findings of the 2012 autopsy, which recommended that the Republicans diversify or die. Black Republicans like Michael Steele, Hispanic Republicans like Ana Navarro. People who are on the news shows trying to be the new face of the party, signs pointing the way to go.

??? I find it very, very hard to believe that anyone who is gay is gay and accepts that they are, and lives sexually as a gay person as a result of a "calculated choice" to be an outlier or to "populate...[an] underdeveloped area in a party's constituent portfolio."

The rank and file are just people who have decided that Republicans represent their POV on more issues than the Dems do. And who are gay. If they feel their fundamental rights are going to be challenged, though, visitation rights, tax filing status rights, will they be able to maintain the illusion that there is a place for them in the Republican party?

Well, the limit of the nature, extent and duration of illusory thoughts one can maintain in one's own mind is, IMO, nonexistent.

He's a good egg. Naturally that means he entirely unelectable by either of the major parties.

He's not the worst possible choice. He denies the climate change science, though. Must be some reason for that.

Because gay Americans are much more than just their sexuality, as is the case with heterosexuals.

Because gay Americans are no different than anyone else, and have opinions and beliefs that run from one side of the political spectrum to the other, where they’re not defined solely by their sexuality.

And because they’d like to return the party to its roots, before the advent of the bane of the social right, before the party was misappropriated by bigots and religious extremists, such as the likes of Cruz.

Red:
TY for the remarks, but I don't need an answer for the unqualified version of the question I asked. I knew, or could reasonably posit, highly plausible answers for that variant of my inquiry. LOL

He's not the worst possible choice. He denies the climate change science, though. Must be some reason for that.

Nobody's perfect. lol

Except for the gay women, who are all far left.

They are?

omg. the homosexual sob stories just never ends. here is this for such a horrible situation: he has MADE for himself:boohoo::boohoo:

They are?
Thats why they are lesbian!

Forum List

Back