M.D. Rawlings

Classical Liberal
May 26, 2011
Heavenly Places
July 18, 2011
By Robert Oscar Lopez
American Thinker

Excerpt:

Dan Savage attacks people like Mark Foley, Larry Craig, Ted Haggard, and Marcus Bachmann because he hates homosexuals. Conservatives are a safe target. Something inside Dan Savage wants to call people names. He searches for a strategic way to vent his need for gay-bashing without undermining his own position. That's why he repeats ad nauseam the notion that Republicans are fag-hating fags. It is a form of catharsis for millions of gay men who still can't accept themselves. Savage embodies the basic conundrum of the Democratic Party, fishing endlessly for signs that gays are attacked and humiliated and despised, while claiming ironically to be on their side.

LINK

Lopez nails it. Ultimately, we're talking about the fascist psychology of the "gay rights" movement as a whole.

so you hate gays and black people....ok

What good have they ever done for this country?

Hey, yeah!

You know who else? What good have those lazy 6-year-olds done for us? Just sitting around all day in their communes, benefiting from taxpayer hand-outs, and leaching off the working man!

Let's put them to work. Its about time their entitlement came to an end.

:confused:

Mark Foley, Larry Craig, Ted Haggard, and Marcus Bachmann are certainly self hating gays. Dan Savage is anything but.

Nothing like a Republican or a Right Wing site with "Think" somewhere in the title. I'm pretty sure Eisenhower was the last time right wingers really thought anything through using "data", "research" and "information".

Now it's all about "gut feeling" and "intuition" and because, "I talk with God".

There used to be a magazine called "Out". Plenty of people were "outed", but only those who worked to damage other gays. Get it? Gays who wanted to stay in the closet and who didn't work to hurt other gays were left alone.

Leave the gays alone and they will leave you alone. Fighting against gay's having equal rights is NOT leaving them alone. If you don't know any, if they no impact on your life in any way, leave them alone.

Nothing like a Republican or a Right Wing site with "Think" somewhere in the title. I'm pretty sure Eisenhower was the last time right wingers really thought anything through using "data", "research" and "information".

Now it's all about "gut feeling" and "intuition" and because, "I talk with God".

There used to be a magazine called "Out". Plenty of people were "outed", but only those who worked to damage other gays. Get it? Gays who wanted to stay in the closet and who didn't work to hurt other gays were left alone.

Leave the gays alone and they will leave you alone. Fighting against gay's having equal rights is NOT leaving them alone. If you don't know any, if they no impact on your life in any way, leave them alone.

Homosexuals already have equal rights. What leftists in general and queer activists in particular want is to tyrannize others, impose, push around. What they will get is the escalation of a cultural civil war to an armed one.

Just saying.

Last edited:

Homosexuals already have equal rights. What leftists in general and queer activists in particular want is to tyrannize others, impose, push around. What they will get is the escalation of a cultural civil war to an armed one.

Just saying.

So, we have equal civil marriage in all 50 states now?

Just saying.

We don't have the civil right to marry.

So here I sit as a rather extreme conservative yet holding a sincere belief that homosexuals (male or female) are entitled to exactly the same rights as non-homosexuals.

I guess where it all falls apart, in the mind of Democrat Party Liberals, is that I also strongly feel that homosexuals also must bear the same responsibilities as non-homosexuals.

Just as I strongly feel that "President" Obama is entitled to the same level of respect as was shown President Bush. No less; certainly no more.

So here I sit as a rather extreme conservative yet holding a sincere belief that homosexuals (male or female) are entitled to exactly the same rights as non-homosexuals.

I guess where it all falls apart, in the mind of Democrat Party Liberals, is that I also strongly feel that homosexuals also must bear the same responsibilities as non-homosexuals.

Just as I strongly feel that "President" Obama is entitled to the same level of respect as was shown President Bush. No less; certainly no more.

I am a Democrat Party Liberal and I have NO PROBLEM whatsoever with us homesexuals bearing the same responsibilites as heteos.

He says extremely nasty things based on a chain of rationalizations. First, he assumes that gay marriage is an unquestionable absolute -- if you do not support it, you hate gay people. The notion that civil unions are a less emotionally exhausting route for progress, the concept that perhaps GLBTs can find other routes to happiness than a tradition that traditionally views them with distrust, or the simple belief that gender matters enough to make same-sex and heterosexual couplings different -- all these intellectual positions are shunted for bumper-sticker formulae.
Perhaps, in the context of partisan politics or the Culture Wars…

But it is a legal fact that relegating same-sex couples to ‘civil unions’ as if they’re an acceptable ‘substitute for marriage’ or arguing that gender is a mitigating factor in equal access and equal protection, is indeed illegal and un-Constitutional.
Homosexuals already have equal rights.

Incorrect. They do not have equal access to a given state’s marriage laws if they wish to marry someone of the same sex.
They shouldn't have it in any states. Marriage is between a man and a women.

Marriage is a legal construct, governed by states’ contract laws. You may not exclude persons from equal access to the laws due to sexual orientation. See: Romer v. Evans (1996).

Forum List

Back