Gates revises tax return based on blog post

Soaring

May 30, 2009
- Maybe I was right the first time. He's not in line for a cabinet post but he has a great resume enhancer - tax cheat.

Riehl World View: Gates Revises Tax Return Based On Blog Post

Gates Revises Tax Return Based On Blog Post
I think it fair to say the first and perhaps only place this was reported was in my blog post of Saturday. I dug the recipient's links to Gates out via Google after seeing their names on Joe's documentation that made me aware of them and we were both pursuing the story together, and individually at that point. It appears to have gotten someone's attention. Via ProPublica. Many thanks to Joe Culligan at Web of Deception for his work that made it possible. Joe also contacted ProPublica directly at some point. And $6,000 to his fiancee? How convenient!

A charity headed by star Harvard University professor Henry Louis Gates Jr. is filing an amended 2007 report to the Internal Revenue Service because $11,000 it paid to foundation officers as compensation was mischaracterized as being for research grants.

Questions about Inkwell Foundation emerged over the weekend, part of a tsunami of attention Gates has received since July 16, when he was arrested at his home by a police officer responding to a report about a possible burglary in progress. The incident ignited a national debate over racial profiling, further magnified when President Obama jumped into it.
ProPublica inquired about Inkwell after receiving an e-mail from Joseph Culligan, a private investigator who makes public on his Web site documents about prominent people, from Ann Coulter to Sonia Sotomayor.
The e-mail spotlighted a $10,000 grant made to Joanne Kendall, the foundation's treasurer, pointing out that she is also Gates' assistant at Harvard. Gates, a member of ProPublica's board of directors, said Monday that the award to Kendall was actually payment for doing administrative work for Inkwell and not, as Inkwell's IRS 990 form states, a research grant.
Gates volunteered that the foundation's second-largest grant, for $6,000, went to his fiancée, Angela DeLeon, who was also on Inkwell's board from 2005 to 2006. Gates said he recused himself from the vote on DeLeon's grant, which was for a project translating documents from Spanish and Dutch about the slave trade to Mexico.

We live in a society -
"of the Government, by the Government, for the Government".
We are now slaves to A GREEDY government.

Maybe I was right the first time. He's not in line for a cabinet post but he has a great resume enhancer - tax cheat.

He is also a "Obama Racist" ........... so lets not hold our breath, he may end up in Washington before it's all over with.

Forum List

Back