Gas prices rise for fourth consecutive week

Vel

Platinum Member
Oct 30, 2008
Tennessee
I thought gas prices were supposed to go down after July 4th?

Gas prices rise for fourth consecutive week
By Chris Woodyard, USA TODAY

After falling for months, gasoline prices are on the rise, topping an average of $3.50 gallon for self-serve regular across the nation. It was the fourth week of increases.

A gallon of regular now sells for $3.508 a gallon, up a penny from $3.494 a gallon in the Energy Information Administration's latest survey. At least it's down 20 cents a gallon from a year ago.

They'll go back down after Labor Day, just in time for Obama to take credit before the election.:eusa_whistle:

^they usually go up here over a public holiday. Prices rise by a good ten cents a litre, and the big companies always insist it has nothing to do with making extra money. Then the prices come down after the public holiday, but as soon as the next one rolls around...up they go again.

I seriously hate this. we need a sane energy policy again. You know, one that doesnt block sources of energy for non-existant sources of energy that no one has invented yet.

I seem to recall gas being about $1.80 per gallon when Obama was elected. Just imagine if we had an energy policy that was serious about making certain that we were currently able to meet our needs while exploring sources for our future.
As it is, we're now facing increasing food prices due to the drought and the fact that we burn about 1/3 of our corn crop in our gas tanks. High corn prices will increase the cost of gas further, which will in turn continue to push food prices higher. How is it that our politicians can't see this?

I seem to recall gas being about $1.80 per gallon when Obama was elected. Just imagine if we had an energy policy that was serious about making certain that we were currently able to meet our needs while exploring sources for our future.
As it is, we're now facing increasing food prices due to the drought and the fact that we burn about 1/3 of our corn crop in our gas tanks. High corn prices will increase the cost of gas further, which will in turn continue to push food prices higher. How is it that our politicians can't see this?

Yeah but gas was $4.00 a gallon 6 months before that.

I'm searching for your threads about when the prices were dropping recently.

Can't find any. :dunno:

Indeed. Isn't it cool though that gas and food aren't figured into the CPI? Unfortunately for government, people do notice.

Well, since gas prices here have stayed above $3.00 per gallon, then you're not going to find any threads from me celebrating.

Gas prices go down = right wingers are silent

Gas prices go up = right wingers throw a shitfit and blame Obama.

Y'all haven't heard that Romney won't release all of his tax records, haven't you?

I'd heard that. Do you think we could take Romney's tax forms and convert them to ethanol and save a little corn? If we can do that, then I'll get on the get the tax records bandwagon.

So they act like democrats...Did you have a point?

Have they been back down to $1.80 ? And just think if we had taken the billions that Obama sent to Brazil to "make us their best customer", and used it for our own energy exploration where we could be.

Well, since gas prices here have stayed above $3.00 per gallon, then you're not going to find any threads from me celebrating.

Finish your thought...celebrating....while a Democrat is in the WH?

You can be honest, it's pretty obvious anyway.

Have they been back down to $1.80 ? And just think if we had taken the billions that Obama sent to Brazil to "make us their best customer", and used it for our own energy exploration where we could be.

Why, are oil companies running a charity I'm not aware of?

So they act like democrats...Did you have a point?

No, right wingers act like hypocrites and scumbags.

Hey douche bag.

Here is some reality.

Go cry to mom now...................

full-auto-albums-the-dnc-heart-beat-picture4716-gv022312dapr20120223054527.jpg

Finish your thought...celebrating....while a Democrat is in the WH?

You can be honest, it's pretty obvious anyway.

Please explain to me why I would have any threads praising gas prices above $3.00 per gallon? You're the one that posted implying that I should have.

When Obama took office it cost $32.00 to fill my gas tank. It now costs $61.00 to fill that same gas tank. Should I somehow be pleased?

Was that comment supposed to make sense? If so, it failed.

Was that comment supposed to make sense? If so, it failed.

Yet it makes sense to think oil companies will lower prices because they're able to drill more in the US.

You know those markets are heavily manipulated to keep prices reasonably steady, no?

Forum List

Back