Gary Carter Dead At 57

jillian

Princess
Apr 4, 2006
The Other Side of Paradise
I loved Gary Cater. He was awesome. RIP, Kid!

The game is over for The Kid.

Mets Hall-of-Fame catcher Gary Carter lost his battle with brain cancer, dying Thursday at a hospital near his home in Palm Beach Gardens where he had been receiving hospice care for the last week. Carter, 57, leaves his wife, Sandy; a son, D.J.; two daughters, Kimmy and Christy, and hundreds of thousands of Mets fans who loved him for his sunny, obliging disposition, the leadership qualities he brought to their 1986 world championship team and, most of all, the two-out base hit he got in the 10th inning of Game 6 of that World Series that helped rally the Mets to their improbable triumph over the Red Sox.

Read more: Gary Carter, NY Mets great and Baseball Hall of Famer, dies at 57 after battle with brain cancer  - NY Daily News

Prayers for his family. Once in a while, someone famous dies and it is really a tragedy. This is one of those.

:(

23472119371900-16151147.jpg

those were the days...

My guess would be that Tom Berringer's character in Major League was somewhat modeled after Carter. I had heard he had cancer and I was sad. I was really hoping he'd survive though.

Forum List

Back