Garlic Bread: Dr. Feelgood

Abishai100

VIP Member
Sep 22, 2013
The health benefits of garlic are well-known. Garlic intake is good for human body blood-circulation and it is good for the general circulation demands of a body requiring healing from the common cold.

America perhaps has more restaurants per capita than any other nation in the world. Many American restaurants such as Red Lobster and Applebee's offer customers garlic bread appetizers. These apps are enjoyed by many people on weekend evenings at the restaurant of their choice.

While all this garlic bread intake is good for general health, it has obvious down-sides in the social sphere, since, of course, garlic (especially in the form of garlic bread) is naturally odorous and produces a very pungent post-eating breath.

So what are you going to say to your date or friend while you're chewing down garlic bread at Red Lobster? "Gee, I like garlic bread since it's to tasty and it's such a great appetizer, and it's also good for blood-circulation and general health, but please please please excuse my awful garlic-mouth breath!"

This odd juxtaposition of lifestyle behavior as it relates to health with the offbeat challenges of social living in our age of networking frenzy (i.e., Facebook) suggests that vitality may be complicated by various issues. This is a common fact well-known by medically-conscious groups such as the AIDS community: "I want to feel better psychologically about my condition, but socially, I do not always feel comfortable sharing my condition with others in the name of public dialogue."

Such conflict issues are very important in our age of consumerism culture, where health and social demands may be forcefully joined together but not necessarily very easily.

:afro:

Garlic - Wikipedia the free encyclopedia

goblin.jpg

Ah yes, the Stinky Rose. IMO, should be a food group. But, Applebees and Red Lobster? No way.

We bake our own bread and nothing can compare to fresh out of the oven garlic bread with a glass of our also home made red wine.

Also made a happy find at the farmer's market - a couple who makes the best garlic jelly on the planet.

Yep, life is good. And if your honey also loves garlic, its even better.:banana:

Don't eat bread. It makes you fat and ill.

But I love garlic.

One shouldn't eat garlic bread in the first place...way too many carbs!

I never order anything with garlic in/on it, unless my special friend has something with garlic. We each love garlic. He as much as I.

Newsflash: In my day spa business, I sometimes did massages. I always knew who the garlic pills client were. The smell of garlic is exhaled with every breath and it was more than difficult to get through a 60 minute massage on them. :eusa_doh:

I love garlic and I eat it ALL the time, and I don't care if anyone else thinks it smells bad. :biggrin:

Just eat a piece of gum or a breath mint after if you're worried.

I know that some people literally sweat garlic out their pores when they eat it, but that doesn't happen to everyone, and you have to eat an awful lot of it for that to happen.

TBH, I only ever noticed that smell on my mother and only after she ate shrimp scampi at her favorite restaurant, but she cooked with garlic (as do I) all the time, and I never smelled that any other time on her, so the restaurant probably used a LOAD of garlic in their food.

If you cared about your breath and/or health ya wouldn't be eating at red lobster anyway. Seafood contains mercury, and numerous other industrial pollutants. If you ever wanna have children, avoid seafood. Even 'farm raised' is toxic.

I never order anything with garlic in/on it, unless my special friend has something with garlic. We each love garlic. He as much as I.

Newsflash: In my day spa business, I sometimes did massages. I always knew who the garlic pills client were. The smell of garlic is exhaled with every breath and it was more than difficult to get through a 60 minute massage on them. :eusa_doh:
you do .....massages?......should i leave my clothes on or off?....

you do .....massages?......should i leave my clothes on or off?....

Isn't legit massage if you leave you clothes on. It's "fondling" :)

Garlic thins the blood if I recall, prolly other things too. Are odor-free garlic extract supplements. But because it thins the blood need to be careful as that means increased bleeding issues. If you already take a daily low-dose aspirin, or green tea extract, wouldn't pile on with garlic supplements or heavy garlic in diets.

Ah yes, the Stinky Rose. IMO, should be a food group. But, Applebees and Red Lobster? No way.

We bake our own bread and nothing can compare to fresh out of the oven garlic bread with a glass of our also home made red wine.

Also made a happy find at the farmer's market - a couple who makes the best garlic jelly on the planet.

Yep, life is good. And if your honey also loves garlic, its even better.:banana:
I grow my own garlic.

I love garlic and I eat it ALL the time, and I don't care if anyone else thinks it smells bad. :biggrin:

I know that some people literally sweat garlic out their pores when they eat it, but that doesn't happen to everyone, and you have to eat an awful lot of it for that to happen.

TBH, I only ever noticed that smell on my mother and only after she ate shrimp scampi at her favorite restaurant, but she cooked with garlic (as do I) all the time, and I never smelled that any other time on her, so the restaurant probably used a LOAD of garlic in their food.

Piece of gum or breath mint to combat garlic is like the same suggestion to combat booze-breath. It's coming out of your pores too, not just your mouth. :)

I love garlic as well, but not on someone's breath or body odor. But then that might be more a personal preference about not mixing intimacy with food. :) I love sex and food, just not together. :)

Piece of gum or breath mint to combat garlic is like the same suggestion to combat booze-breath. It's coming out of your pores too, not just your mouth. :)

I love garlic as well, but not on someone's breath or body odor. But then that might be more a personal preference about not mixing intimacy with food. :) I love sex and food, just not together. :)

That only happens to some people. Most people don't sweat the garlic out unless they had a real lot of it.

That only happens to some people. Most people don't sweat the garlic out unless they had a real lot of it.

I assumed that would be the case if taking garlic for the health benefit vs some garlic in your food for flavoring.

I assumed that would be the case if taking garlic for the health benefit vs some garlic in your food for flavoring.

I think if you just have a little often, it's good. I don't really think there is a need to eat a whole head of garlic in one sitting.

Forum List

Back