Gallop--shows Perry ahead--BUT loses to Obama--while Romney beats Obama by 7 points

Discussion in 'Politics' started by oreo, Sep 22, 2011.

1. oreo

oreo Gold Member Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +4,150
    Poll: Romney bests Obama, but Perry beats Romney | Deseret News

Romney is catching up to Perry. Personally I have noticed that Perry is looking like a lot like a "deer in the headlights" on many issues--when questioned about certain topics Yes--Perry can send a thrill up the legs of many GOPer's legs with his one liners--BUT he has no PLAN to fix social security--or a real jobs plan. Mitt Romney does.

According to the new Gallop poll--Perry loses to Obama--and Romney beats Obama by 7 POINTS.

I was a little concerned when Perry jumped in this race--and immediately shot to the top--when most of us--didn't even know who Rick Perry was. This is the exact same national hysteria that put the Moron in the oval office--that we have now.

It's time for Perry supporters to look at the situation--because both of these candidates have their own issues. Romney--with Romney care in MASS--Perry with his illegal immigration stance--social security--and his using an executive order for young girls to get a shot for some type of cervical cancer.

When the rubber meets the road--we ALL know that we need someone in the oval office that has A LOT of private sector--business experience. And that candidate is Mitt Romney. We don't need more inexperienced public service people--or class one politicians. I am getting real tired when Perry repeatedly states well look at my Texas job growth. This country is not all--oil and gas states--with a full house of Republicans that would agree to that and no opposition.

Romney was right--when he stated--that just because Perry was dealt 4 ACES does not necessarily make Perry is a good poker player.

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
    Last edited: Sep 22, 2011
  2. MiddleClass

MiddleClass Moderate American

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +81
    I don't know any Republican in my family and friends who are voting for Perry in the Primary. They all think he is a wacko.

3. konradv

konradv Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +5,666
    Perry's never going to last. How will a majority ever see their way clear to voting for a man who would destroy the chance for ME peace for his own political gain?!?! :ahole-1:

4. VaYank5150

VaYank5150 Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,055
    I will vote for Perry (unless Palin runs) in Virginia's primary.

5. Zander

Zander Platinum Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +12,890
    I don't care what the polls show- the Republican candidate- whomever it is- will beat Obama.

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  6. Photonic

Photonic Ad astra!

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +247
    Romney is better at this game than Perry could ever hope to be. I don't doubt that Romney has more ability to handle this country than Perry (considering what a moron he is anyways).

7. Avorysuds

Avorysuds Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2,141
    I think Perry does better than Mitt because Republicans don't like Mitt and the Media makes Perry out to be the other top guy who has any chance to win. It's like when Mitt dropped out and then McCain started losing to Huck who was pulling 1%, the media said HELLO HUCK and the voters said "we don't like McCain" even though McCain already was going to win.

No matter what Obama will lose at this point IMO, he has a lot of ground to make up for and he still ain't plugged the purge that is happening to him from the Democratic party.

This is my opinion.

8. oreo

oreo Gold Member Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +4,150
    It's very clear that Perry is experiencing the NATIONAL stage--and every time we get to see him--any tough questions--he resorts to talking about TEXAS--and has NO PLAN. He literally looks like a deer in the headlights on many issues.

This isn't a Texas stage it's a Natiional Stage--and personally I don't think he could beat a very cool--and polished politician in Barack Obama. The Gallop is in agreement.

We all know we need the independent vote to beat Barack Obama--and Rick Perry in no way appeals to them. If you can't win independents you can't win elections.

It's time for Perry supporters to realize this. It's not about who they like--it's ALL about who can defeat our Harvard graduate--community organizer--and now amateur golfer- President who is currently destroying this country.

9. Rocko

Rocko Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +3,913
    Many experts believe the most accurate poll is intrade, because it's a put your money where you mouth is model.

Obama has built a base below 50% recently, and thats before the GOP primary is settled.

http://intrade.com/v4/home/

10. grunt11b

grunt11b VIP Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +501
    I'm not voting for either one of them in the primary, I will not let a fake gallop poll sway me in anyones direction. The only one who seems to have any common sense right now is Herman Caine, and that's who get's my vote in the primary.
    That's the problem in this country, people watch the news and let the news form the opinion for them, that is how we ended up with Mcain in 2008, a candidate who had no chance in hell at winning, much like Romney right now.