Funding Concerns

That money is going to go mostly to the most undervalued investments we currently have when it finally hits the street, and that is NOT Gold, but real-estate and stocks. I agree with Toro, stocks have a potential for an explosion in price never seen before, once all this pent up bailout money find gets shook loose....of course inflation is a solid bet but who cares if I can 20%+ in real-estate and stock and then by mid-term CD's at 12% to lock in profits on the first two.

...Laying the bedrock now....

See, this is where I differ from you.

"Who cares"? There are about 300+ million people in this country who should care. Yeah, when you're smart enough not to get screwed by the inflation, of course you take advantage of it. But to not care?

Us not caring in this country is why we keep going through the booms and busts every 5-10 years. How many more of these bubbles can this economy sustain?

I'll never give up trying to educate people and open their eyes to the changes that we all need to make. It's part of being an American. It is our civic duty to care.

See, this is where I differ from you.

"Who cares"? There are about 300+ million people in this country who should care. Yeah, when you're smart enough not to get screwed by the inflation, of course you take advantage of it. But to not care?

Us not caring in this country is why we keep going through the booms and busts every 5-10 years. How many more of these bubbles can this economy sustain?

I'll never give up trying to educate people and open their eyes to the changes that we all need to make. It's part of being an American. It is our civic duty to care.

Civic duty?

How 20th century of you.

Don't you know that GREED IS GOOD, GOVERNMENT IS BAD, and the people are simply there to be fleeced by the rich and powerful?

Yeah, that's right.

The value system of our time is basically sociopathic.

Little wonder that our society is going down the crapper.

Half the people on this board have absorbed that sociopathic message that began manifesting mostly during the Reagan years.

You haven't noticed that?

And here's what happens when sociopathology becomes the philosophy of too many of the people...things stop working properly.

Why?

Because the people in charge use their power and influence simply to feather their own nests. They'll gladly spend a billion dollars of taxpayer's money if it makes them a million. Then they're whine that they have to pay taxes on the millions they made from the government at the same, time, too.

To date I see nothing on the horizon that's likely to change that sick philosophy's hold on the mindset of the leaders and population which puts them in power, either..

Indeed, what I continue to see is that more and more people believe this is an everyman for himself society, and that if the society goes down they think their money will make them impervious to the disintigration of that society which aloowed them to make their money to begin with.

Ironically, the very people who utter things that make me believe that is where the zietgiest of this nation is headed, also think of themsevles as worshipers on the alter of the Founding Fathers.

The founding fathers would have hung them for their attitudes had they been alive during the revolution.

the founding fathers would hang damned near ever memember of Congress and most of this nation's corporate CEOs, too.

The Founding FAthers loved this nation, folks.

They were not libertarians, they were not free traders, they were not laissez fairs economists, either.

They were practical men who understood that every part of their society was needed and worth saving, too.

Last edited:
I agree with you for the most part, Ed.

But I believe you voted for Obama, no?

Obama is an establishment candidate, through and through. If he wasn't, his face wouldn't have been all over your TV screen for the last 2 years. He's been picking establishment people for his cabinet, his advisors are all establishment elites.

I'm not sure how you could be so knowledgable about what is wrong with our society, our politics, or economics, but yet vote for a guy like him.

Is that the "hope" factor?

How did you get fooled?

Forum List

Back