Frustration grows among anti-ISIS coalition over Turkey’s inaction

Sally

Gold Member
Mar 22, 2012
I can imagine the frustration over Turkey not helping in this fight, especially since Turkey is a member of NATO.

Frustration grows among anti-ISIS coalition over Turkey’s inaction

Associated Press
| October 9, 2014 | Last Updated: Oct 9 12:38 AM ET
More from Associated Press

turkey-1.jpg

AP Photo/Lefteris PitarakisTurkish Kurds watch as airstrikes hit Kobani, inside Syria, as fighting intensifies between Syrian Kurds and ISIS militants, Wednesday, Oct. 8, 2014.
ISTANBUL – As U.S. generals and Secretary of State John Kerry warn that a strategic Syrian border town could fall to ISIS militants, the Turkish military has deployed its tanks on its side of the frontier but only watched the slaughter.

Turkey’s inaction despite its supposed participation in a coalition forged to crush the extremist group is frustrating Washington and its NATO allies, and reviving a rebellion by Turkish Kurds.

Amid fears the Kurdish town of Kobani could fall any day, U.S. and NATO officials are travelling to Turkey on Thursday to press negotiations for more robust Turkish involvement in the coalition.

Continue reading at:

Frustration grows among anti-ISIS coalition over Turkey 8217 s inaction National Post

just going by the news that I see , its no surprise that Turkey would just sit on their hands , not to me anyway . Edrogen is an islamist , isis is ilamist and both hate the Kurds . Who let Turkey into nato , buncha dummies I'd say !! All in my opinion and based on the little that I have heard !!

Forum List

Back