From a Central American: a thoughtful, realistic look at the Arizona law

Angelhair

Aug 22, 2009
by Guillermo Areas Cabrera, titled “Law 1070. Law against illegal immigration.” [The first portion educates the reader about the law’s provisions. The second portion provides insightful commentary.]

The feeling of the American people has been synthesized by a housewife who, when asked her opinion of the law, answered: “Let millions of them come, but let them come according to the law. Why do they have to come in violation of our immigration laws. What would other countries think if “the gringos” would invade them as wetbacks in violation of their immigration laws.”

Personally, what attracts my attention are the declarations from other governments who state that they are against the measures provided by the Arizona Law, because they violate the human rights of the illegal immigrants who arrive in that country (USA), when the reality is that these illegals seek the “American dream” because their native countries have denied them their most basic human rights such as the right to have employment and the right to have three square meals every day. It’s as if I criticized a neighbor who refuses to give my children something to eat when they ask for food because I, being incompetent or lazy, do not satisfy their need.

What can our tico [regional nickname for Costa Ricans] neighbors say about the human rights of our illegals who arrive in that country looking for the “Tico dream,” because in the land of Dario [referring to Nicaragua; Ruben Dario was a noted Nicaraguan poet of the 19th Century] they don’t have the right to work and to have three warm meals a day. What can the Spaniards say about the human rights of the immigrants who arrive in their country, or the Italians, and least of all the Mexicans, with their migratory coyotes who, in partnership with officials, rape, steal, swindle or kill whoever dares to go across their country in search of the Rio Grande border.

Gentlemen, let us be more honest with ourselves. Let us concern ourselves so that our people do not abandon the country because of hunger and lack of work, or so that there may not be children out in the street, begging, nor mothers with children on their laps, under the inclement sun, begging at the traffic lights, nor old people searching for a daily meal in the garbage dumps. Let us think more about how to save Nicaragua, which is dying in front of us.

Let us not see garbage in someone else’s eye when we have not been able to clean our own.

Ley 1070. Ley contra la inmigración ilegal · ElNuevoDiario.com.ni

A Nicaraguan writes about 1070 - The Cholla Jumps

There is no way this viewpoint will ever catch on, too many people would actually have to admit they might be wrong.

How refreshing, A fresh look at that Arizona law on illegal immigrants from the people that are causing the fucking problem, Oh, I bet they really , really are impartial. We expect that from corrupt Latin American counties, yes sireee, Bob. We expect all them Yingdings to respect US cause,
that’s fair and that’s what all us gringo gabacho paddie honkies do, we expect the cheaters to play fair and respect us. Here is a little clue for you naive jerks: THEY HATE YOU. And they think they can ignore YOU, and if you pretend they aren’t here, you are just enabling them ( Am I using the right word here?) If you ignore THEM, you are just another equivocating pussy. And, Buck-o, I am still here and I notice people stealing my country from under my fucking feet. I ain’t dead yet. NOPE. I am still here, you Mexican bastards….

Mexico, especially, practices a version of "If I dump enough shit on YOU, no one will notice how horribly I reek of shit myself!"

What seems to be overlooked is how Mexico treats illegal aliens coming into its country from Central and South America. Talk about racial profiling and denial of basic rights.

And it seems that Mexico ignores its own history when it comes to dealing with immigration. It created new laws designed to expel legal immigrants off their lands and back to their country of origin. The immigrants rebelled and won their independence after two particularly brutal incidents. The immigrants were known as Texians, and the incidents occurred at the Alamo at San Antonio and at Goliad.

New Topics

Forum List

Back