Fried Calamari Salad: Eating Energized

Abishai100

VIP Member
Sep 22, 2013
Fried calamari has become a modern delight, and you can find the zesty treat in many restaurants including Olive Garden.

Here's a way to balance this offbeat but now-popular non-vegetarian treat with ruffage flair --- fried calamari salad.

You can build your own from scratch (if you like to cook), or, simply pick up a pre-prepared salad pack from the supermarket and add on top an Olive Garden order of fried calamari.

There are various recipes of fried calamari salad, with ingredients as standard and varied as baking powder, lettuce, citrus dressing, plums, and bacon-bits.

Fried calamari salad is the perfect Saturday night romantic dish for a balanced, zesty, and health-conscious experience. Add white wine and sane conversation.

Fried Calamari Salad (Country Living)

salad.JPG

I don't care for calamari. Seemed tough to me. I do like scallops, though.

I had me some fried gator the other day. Yummy! Think it might have been that tender ,young one the guy threw in the Wendy's window a dozen or so miles from us. :2up:

I had me some fried gator the other day. Yummy! Think it might have been that tender ,young one the guy threw in the Wendy's window a dozen or so miles from us. :2up:
Depends on the calamari, and who prepared it..

I haven't had decent calamari since I was stationed in Spain, 40 years ago

Thieving Restaurants Substituting Pig Anus For Calamari–And Nobody Could Tell The Difference

chances are the fried rings served there are exactly what they claim to be. Elsewhere, however, they may be serving you deep fried pig anus and calling it calamari.

In January, National Public Radio told a story about a multi-state pork processing company selling pig rectum – referred to, by the industry, as “bung” – as imitation calamari. NPR’s Ira Glass did everything possible to refute his source on the story, but dozens of experts could not shoot down the possibility that people are ordering squid and getting pork bung instead. He went so far as to have his sister, a chef, serve a plate of fried bung next to a plate of fried calamari.

No one could tell the difference.

Thieving Restaurants Substituting Pig Anus For Calamari--And Nobody Could Tell The Difference | Alternative

Last edited:

I haven't had decent calamari since I was stationed in Spain, 40 years ago
I was in Mexico at the Ambassador hotel and it was swell...Lately it has been rather chewy...

Thieving Restaurants Substituting Pig Anus For Calamari–And Nobody Could Tell The Difference

chances are the fried rings served there are exactly what they claim to be. Elsewhere, however, they may be serving you deep fried pig anus and calling it calamari.....

It must be painful for you to sit down. You should be on antibiotics.

chances are the fried rings served there are exactly what they claim to be. Elsewhere, however, they may be serving you deep fried pig anus and calling it calamari.....

you goy will eat anything

Interesting, never knew you were Jewish..

you goy will eat anything

Forum List

Back