friday night lights

Dan

Aug 28, 2003
Aiken, SC
This is honestly one of the best sports movies I've ever seen. And that's coming from someone who pretty much HATES sports movies. Aside from the acting, directing, etc., which was all really great, especially Billy Bob Thornton and, surprisingly, Tim McGraw, there were 2 things that stood out for me in this movie:

1) All the characters felt realistic. I knew people just like all of these people, there was no big fat redneck linebacker, no all-American QB, no slutty cheerleader. Every main character was fully realized very, very well. And, Billy Bob is one of the most underrated actors working today. In this movie, he did more with just a look in his eyes than most actors can do with an entire monologue.

2) The football scenes felt very realistic. I found out that the director actually went and shot real football games (since the school in the movie is a real one) and edited that footage in with the actors. It works really well, the football action feels completely authentic.

I can't really say enough about how much I liked this. I'm actually surprised I liked it as much as I did. It avoids almost all of the sports movie cliches, especially one of the biggest ones that I'd like to commend it on, but I don't want to spoil it for those that haven't seen it. I give Friday Night Lights an A.

Hehe, it is, I hope you'll like it, Dad and my Mom didn't really seem to, but I enjoyed it a lot.

Forum List

Back