Freethinking Teens "blaspehmy challenge"

koshergrl

Diamond Member
Aug 4, 2011
Dragon and armchaos are fighting the good fight, pretending that the common definition for the term "freethinker" is someone who is just enlightened...it has NOTHING to do with atheism, lol..

And Dragon (stupidly) held up the church for ridicule for posting "Freethinkers are slaves of satan" based on his assumption that everybody thinks freethinker = open mind.

It doesn't. It means atheists, specifically, who have rejected religion and God, and who seek to supplant faith with their own brand of nonsense.

This is particularly interesting:

From a teen freethinking site. Isn't this great evidence of how intelligent, worldly, enlightened of them...

"We are officially live with our blasphemy challenge! Thanks to everyone who has gotten involved! Do you have the kahunas to show the world how sure you are that the Christian God doesn't exist? Sorry, we've accepted over 1,300 entries of blasphemy, congratulations to everyone who had the guts to show the world how sure they were that the god of the but-bull just couldn't and doesn't exist."

Free Thinking Teens | Teen Freethinkers Unite!

There is a difference between the definition of a word (or it's common usage) and how it is used in a single website.

There is a difference between people who do not believe in Christianity, even if they strongly oppose it, and atheism.

I don't know how most people would use the term free thinker, and I'm not defending Dragon or armchaos. I just think you do a poor job making your point here.

Essentially this was just to highlight the fact that, despite Dragon's misleading commentary to the contrary, "freethinker", almost always and certainly in the context he was illuminating, means atheist.

All the freethinking sites are scary, but this one is particularly obnoxious and I thought it deserved it's own spot. Freethinking in this case is certainly NOT synonymous with "enlightened". It never is.

"Free thinker" is not a term that means enlightened or open minded. It is just a word used to describe atheists, specifically the very adamant ones who actively seek to destroy the faith of others, but in a subversive way.

"Free thinker" is about as specific a term as "christian".

They both mean what those calling themselves think they mean.

We can debate the meaning of these terms but to what avail?

Words only mean what people AGREE they mean.

No, our intent doesn't change the meaning of words for the world.

God prefers Atheists to fundamentalist Christians

Fundamentalists are pretentious, judgmental and obnoxious.......god does not want them in heaven with him

Not according to the Bible. Which is, of course, God's word.

But you can tell yourself anything you want. That's what tools do.

No, our intent doesn't change the meaning of words for the world.

I guess it depends on who 'our' encompasses in this instance. If enough people use a word with a certain intent that isn't part of the definition, it will, in fact, change meaning. Happens all the time.

You are right, however, that how an individual uses a word isn't relevant to it's meaning for anyone else. :)

Not according to the Bible. Which is, of course, God's word.

But you can tell yourself anything you want. That's what tools do.

I don't think so.....

Do you really think God wants to spend eternity with a bunch of pretentious fundamentalist bible Thumpers?

The rest of us can't stand you....why do you think God would?

Atheists are more fun to hang out with and God knows it

Dragon and armchaos are fighting the good fight, pretending that the common definition for the term "freethinker" is someone who is just enlightened...it has NOTHING to do with atheism, lol..

And Dragon (stupidly) held up the church for ridicule for posting "Freethinkers are slaves of satan" based on his assumption that everybody thinks freethinker = open mind.

It doesn't. It means atheists, specifically, who have rejected religion and God, and who seek to supplant faith with their own brand of nonsense.

This is particularly interesting:

From a teen freethinking site. Isn't this great evidence of how intelligent, worldly, enlightened of them...

"We are officially live with our blasphemy challenge! Thanks to everyone who has gotten involved! Do you have the kahunas to show the world how sure you are that the Christian God doesn't exist? Sorry, we've accepted over 1,300 entries of blasphemy, congratulations to everyone who had the guts to show the world how sure they were that the god of the but-bull just couldn't and doesn't exist."

Free Thinking Teens | Teen Freethinkers Unite!
Take solace.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jqeagzT01Gk]Good Will Hunting - The Park Bench - YouTube[/ame]

God prefers Atheists to fundamentalist Christians

Fundamentalists are pretentious, judgmental and obnoxious.......god does not want them in heaven with him

God told you this?
Only a fool laughs at the possibility the universe is not finite and there are things that are unknowable by man including the possibility there are forces, consciousnesses and beings greater than himself. The fool comforts them self in the knowledge they are master of their world,

...right until the moment after the lights go out and all his wonderful toys and theories fail in the face of an uncaring, disobedient world.

Last edited:
Essentially this was just to highlight the fact that, despite Dragon's misleading commentary to the contrary, "freethinker", almost always and certainly in the context he was illuminating, means atheist.

All the freethinking sites are scary, but this one is particularly obnoxious and I thought it deserved it's own spot. Freethinking in this case is certainly NOT synonymous with "enlightened". It never is.

"Free thinker" is not a term that means enlightened or open minded. It is just a word used to describe atheists, specifically the very adamant ones who actively seek to destroy the faith of others, but in a subversive way.

Got news for you, the father of most Christians today was that free thinker known as Martin Luther who thought the dogma of the Catholic church was wrong.

Try again Kosher Twit.

What is with the "father of most Christians today"? That's some weird notion you've conceived. I promise you, Martin Luther is not my father, nor the father of any other Christian.

I'm curious. What scares you about this? Do you really think some kids will be able to destroy your religion with a website?

Forum List

Back