Freedom Tower reaches full height

TheOldSchool

Diamond Member
Sep 21, 2012
last stop for sanity before reaching the south
Yesterday the spire of World Trade Center 1 was completed.

New World Trade Center 'Freedom Tower' reaches full height - Las Vegas MyNews3 - KSNV

Original.jpg

If there's already a thread about this... oops.

Tallest building in the Western hemisphere.

The Empire State Building took one year and 45 days to build... just sayin.

The Empire State Building took one year and 45 days to build... just sayin.

I tell my kids that all the time.......and its still the most impressive building in the skyline here. A behemoth.

It is cool to see the tower finally up. Saw it from the Whitestone Bridge last weekend.......but I still look out there and see two towers. Always will.........drove right under them exactly 5 days before they fell.

The Empire State Building is one of the safest "skyscrapers" in the world, and always has been.

The World Trade Center towers were probably the UNSAFEST "skyscrapers" ever built. Their radical design resulted in what we all saw on 9/11/01.

Lot's of unexpected negativity in this thread. After evil psychopaths murdered thousands and destroyed 2 symbols of this country, the American people demanded that a powerful message be built on top of the scar...

So we built a 1,176 foot middle finger, and that middle finger is aimed at everyone on this planet who thinks that a free people cannot triumph against despots, dictators, and especially terrorists.

And now that middle finger is fully raised. And there was a Red, White and Blue flag helping it go all the way up.

Lot's of unexpected negativity in this thread. After evil psychopaths murdered thousands and destroyed 2 symbols of this country, the American people demanded that a powerful message be built on top of the scar...

So we built a 1,176 foot middle finger, and that middle finger is aimed at everyone on this planet who thinks that a free people cannot triumph against despots, dictators, and especially terrorists.

And now that middle finger is fully raised. And there was a Red, White and Blue flag helping it go all the way up.

Well said and I appreciate the intensity and sentiment, you, of course are correct...:thup:

Forum List

Back