Fraternities and Freemasons

I believe Fraternities have their origin from the Freemasons.

I say good call on your part. Fraternity is a social activity that has turned political as so many of these social groups do in todays world.

I believe Fraternities have their origin from the Freemasons.

Fraternities have their origin with Keg Parties and Panty Raids

1659871783200.jpeg

Actually a Freemason lodge is a fraternity.

It started as a trade guild for operative masons. And they were known as freemasons because unlike most people in medieval Europe they were free to travel. They held that special status because if you needed some gigantic glorious gothic cathedral or castle or whatever, there wouldn't be enough skilled masons in your neck of the woods to get the job done. Masons had to be able to freely travel to build all those ancient beautiful cathedrals.

But nowadays, most Freemasons are not operative masons. I'm both an operative cement mason and a Freemason. A Freemasonry lodge is basically a social club for guys these days. You don't have to be a professional mason to join. You just have to have a sponsor, pass a background check, and be voted into the fraternity.

Last edited:

I say good call on your part. Fraternity is a social activity that has turned political as so many of these social groups do in todays world.
Thank you!

Actually a Freemason lodge is a fraternity.

It started as a trade guild for operative masons. And they were known as freemasons because unlike most people in medieval Europe they were free to travel. They held that special status because if you needed some gigantic glorious gothic cathedral or castle or whatever, there wouldn't be enough skilled masons in your neck of the woods to get the job done. Masons had to be able to freely travel to build all those ancient beautiful cathedrals.

But nowadays, most Freemasons are not operative masons. I'm both an operative cement mason and a Freemason. A Freemasonry lodge is basically a social club for guys these days. You don't have to be a professional mason to join. You just have to have a sponsor, pass a background check, and be voted into the fraternity.
Thank you Muhammed for the information!

Forum List

Back