Franklin, Auburn marriage a 'seven-game failure'

CrimsonWhite

*****istrator Emeritus
Mar 13, 2006
Guntucky
Good article by Forde. As a BAMA alum, anytime Auburn fucks up, I like it, This however was stupid.

On Tuesday, Oct. 7, Auburn coach Tommy Tuberville stood in front of his players and staff and said embattled offensive coordinator Tony Franklin had his full support. He declared that the Tigers were sticking with Franklin's no-huddle, spread offense. And anyone who didn't like it was free to leave the program.

The next day, Tuberville fired him.

ESPN - Franklin, Auburn marriage a 'seven-game failure' - Columnist

On Tuesday, Oct. 7, Auburn coach Tommy Tuberville stood in front of his players and staff and said embattled offensive coordinator Tony Franklin had his full support. He declared that the Tigers were sticking with Franklin's no-huddle, spread offense. And anyone who didn't like it was free to leave the program.

The next day, Tuberville fired him.

I see they subscribe to the Nick Saban school of honesty. "I am not leaving the Dolphins."

So Florida has some moral high ground? Ron Zook would beg to differ.

Zook should have never taken over for my Gators. He's a great guy and maybe a good coach but it takes a special coach to lead the boys in orange and blue. Spurrier was the best at it and Urban is doing extremely well.

Forum List

Back