Frank Zappa was the first to call CNN fake news 30 years ago.

I never like that guy. He was good, a musical genius, I never liked that guy.
This is about the best I've ever seen/heard from the guy ever!

Motherfucker! He's looking good in today's degenerate society, dammit!

No man, his songs are gross.

Hey, he was calling out the fake new before there was cable news.

a musical genius
He was a devoted songwriter with a good imagination and great stage presence and leadership, but a little overrated as a guitarist - he was repetitive and improvised too much. I loved his political outspokenness and cocky attitude toward the establishment --sometimes it seemed like he was just being a nonconformist , but he managed to knock some sense into people or at least get their brains moving.

The relevant stuff starts @ 5:30. He is right..about most things.

Ronald Reagan mansion, no. Other than that, yes.

Last edited:
He was a prick, all he did was make fun of people and he couldn't sing worth a shit.

If he thought they were bad in 1989, he's surely rolling in his grave at how bad they are now.
@ 5:25

Rest in peace
Frank Zappa - Wikipedia

Actually he calls it "right wing hogwash".

This would be a critique of commercial news, of which CNN was the only national outlet at the time (Fox Noise would gurgle up seven years later). It still applies. Isn't about "fake" news, it's about "fluffed" news.

He was a prick, all he did was make fun of people and he couldn't sing worth a shit.

Frank did not tolerate pretentiousness. That's what he satirized.
The singing voice? Who cares. This is Zappa, not Sinatra. Speaking of pretentiousness.

The singing voice? Who cares. This is Zappa, not Sinatra. Speaking of pretentiousness.
He talked down to everybody like he was the only person who knew anything. Pretentiousness? He named his kids ridiculous names, then got pissed off whenever somebody made fun of the names. He liked to make fun of other people but couldn't handle it when other people made fun of him.

He talked down to everybody like he was the only person who knew anything. Pretentiousness? He named his kids ridiculous names, then got pissed off whenever somebody made fun of the names. He liked to laugh at other people but couldn't handle it when other people laughed at him.

Nope, never saw it.

Forum List

Back