Fragment of Gospel of Mark from 60AD

The Scholars have already determined that the Gospel of Mark is intact and authentic (the King James Bible is the most intact / unchanged Book of antiquity on earth today according to Scholars, testimonies of those who lived in that period, actual examination of early manuscripts, scrolls, etc.) and needs no further validation.
If the King James was good enough for the disciples it should be good enough for everyone!

Well the King James wasn't translated until the early 17th century so I feel relatively certain that none of the disciples ever read it. :lol:

or wrote it

The Scholars have already determined that the Gospel of Mark is intact and authentic (the King James Bible is the most intact / unchanged Book of antiquity on earth today according to Scholars, testimonies of those who lived in that period, actual examination of early manuscripts, scrolls, etc.) and needs no further validation.
If the King James was good enough for the disciples it should be good enough for everyone!

Well the King James wasn't translated until the early 17th century so I feel relatively certain that none of the disciples ever read it. :lol:

or wrote it

That too

King James=Divine right of Kings. Rather telling in and of itself.

Okay, let me say this - I am not, in any way, a biblical scholar. At one time, I had the entire KJV of the bible memorized - Old AND New Testament.

I've also read the Vulgate version.

What I do believe is that NEITHER is complete and both are the result of men with a mission translating them for their own desires and needs. There is no doubt that the Vatican possesses millions of historical documents from the very founding of the Catholic church. I also know that the Orthodox church also has a huge collection.

The only way we will ever know is for both religious groups to open up the archives and allowed every- and anyone to check it out for themselves.

We have the King James Bible and it is the most unchanged / intact book of antiquity in the world today according to Scholars and the second most intact / unchanged book is the Illiad. We need to be careful of "new discoveries" in this day and age. There are too many people with an agenda to "change" the Word of God.
Man made up the word of god. Dont care what version you point to.

Okay, let me say this - I am not, in any way, a biblical scholar. At one time, I had the entire KJV of the bible memorized - Old AND New Testament.

I've also read the Vulgate version.

What I do believe is that NEITHER is complete and both are the result of men with a mission translating them for their own desires and needs. There is no doubt that the Vatican possesses millions of historical documents from the very founding of the Catholic church. I also know that the Orthodox church also has a huge collection.

The only way we will ever know is for both religious groups to open up the archives and allowed every- and anyone to check it out for themselves.
Good luck with that......It's time to storm the palace of der Pope, ask questions later...

So, you're not religious?
Absolutely not. Religious zealotry is what the Pharisees were about and it is what you see in Catholicism. Jesus Christ is looking to have a personal relationship with us. Not dead religious rituals!
I knew that's where you were going. Insane people never realize their condition.
I didn't realize you were a Catholic. That is the usual accusation. Those who expose the false religion your in are accused of being insane. I guess when the debate is lost slander really is the tool of the loser. But in this case you've not only lost the debate. You're going to lose your own soul if you stay in there. Get out while you can.
I'm not religious and you are batshit insane.

Interesting. You asked me if I was religious, I responded no and you accused me of being insane.

You say you are not religious and yet make no mention that you believe yourself to be insane.

Do I see a double standard here? Why yes! I do!
The fact that you didn't get it is proof. You post endless religious crap, criticize vehemently any religious view that differs from your own and then claim you are not religious. The point wasn't that non-religious people are insane. A non brainwashed 5 year old would have understood.

You picked up on that huh?

Between the library, archives and private archives it will be years if not lifetimes to sort through. Some is being scanned and restored, but much in just stored away yet to be touched.
I spent weeks trying to find the trail of Pope Pius VII's ring to create a providence.
Simply opening the door is not likely to happen. Some documents and treasures are highly sensitive and secrecy is guarded by the church.
We might be able to read some document if they are released digitally, but that will take time. It will be a long slow process, any many might never be allowed to outside academics or the public

Actually, some atheists believe that, and they are trying to establish evidence to prove their point.

However, I am part of the "Santa Claus" theory of Jesus--that is there may have been someone or someones that said many of the things Jesus said and later elaborations were heaped upon this idea of Jesus that transformed him in to todays versin of Jesus.

There are other ideas about Jesus that does not claim Jesus never existed--but I doubt you would find an atheist that would say he is divine.

You picked up on that huh?

I am trying to figure out how do Jerry know that God chose the KJV?

When people make claims like that, I can't take them seriously. Come on Jerry, where are you getting this "KJV only" nonsense from?

Actually, some atheists believe that, and they are trying to establish evidence to prove their point.

However, I am part of the "Santa Claus" theory of Jesus--that is there may have been someone or someones that said many of the things Jesus said and later elaborations were heaped upon this idea of Jesus that transformed him in to todays versin of Jesus.

There are other ideas about Jesus that does not claim Jesus never existed--but I doubt you would find an atheist that would say he is divine.

You can find parallels to stories if the OT and jesus in astrology and in many of the ancient gods. Like most myths there is likely a foundation of truth to the story but so many have elaborated the stories on the road to making him divine.

If there was anything about Jesus to respect and follow, it was his words about how to treat each other.

The oldest example yet found and is driving atheists up the wall. Note they are not attacking the material, just the method of discovering it. No surprises here.

Read more with links @ Enormous Biblical Discovery Made in Egyptian Mummy Mask Atheists Are NOT Amused John Hawkins Right Wing News

And? Being a recent discovery it's no more canon or reliable than the Gospel of Thomas or Judas.

Jesus H. Christ, Delta. The discovery is a fragment of the Gospel of Mark which is IN the canon. It's just the discovery of a fragment that would be the earliest copy of the existing Gospel of Mark. The Gospel of Judas is not in the canon because it's a 3rd century, Gnostic forgery. The Gospel of Thomas isn't because it's a Gnostic text which did not mesh with what early church leaders felt was orthodox.

The anti-atheist meme is making up whatever crap you feel like.

As an atheist I don't know whether Jesus the man ever existed. Most stories have some origin, so there was probably some person that Jesus was based upon.

But I don't believe that he is the 'son of God' or any of the many flavors various Christian communities have invented.

I do however agree with much of his message- not so much with Paul.

Forum List

Back