Fox's new 'fair and balanced' Obama video

That's fair enough, as I know you well enough to know that you actually believe that. We have a fundamental disagreement about how truthful people should be.

Edit: for Plymco re: his post comparing MSNBC and Fox a few posts above this.

I think you and I probably agree on how truthful people, especially in the media, SHOULD be.

I think our difference is I've come to expect a certain level of dishonesty, through political bias, in my news sources. At least I keep the sources political shading in mind when reading/listening to news sources though ;)

That's fair enough, as I know you well enough to know that you actually believe that. We have a fundamental disagreement about how truthful people should be.

Edit: for Plymco re: his post comparing MSNBC and Fox a few posts above this.

I think you and I probably agree on how truthful people, especially in the media, SHOULD be.

I think our difference is I've come to expect a certain level of dishonesty, through political bias, in my news sources. At least I keep the sources political shading in mind when reading/listening to news sources though ;)

Even though we expect people to behave a certain way, shouldn't we at least hold ourselves to a higher standard and call out bullshit when we see it?

Strangely, nowhere in that four minute review of Obama's first term did they mention killing Obama, getting out of Iraq, saving the auto industry, saving the financial sector, a booming stock market, passing Obamacare, ending DADT, preventing a depression....

I guess Fox ran out of time
If a news media channel says there're fair and balanced, you can count on them being the opposite. The word balanced tells you that you're getting one side of story.

Fox News is credible? lol.

They hide behind the first amendment so they can legally lie. They have been taken to court over it and it was ruled that they did infact lie, but aren't liable or subject to any punishment because of the 1st amendment right.

:eusa_whistle:

'Fox And Friends' Anti-Obama Video Could Double As GOP Ad (VIDEO)

"Fox and Friends" aired a remarkable four-minute video on its Wednesday show.

The video, which the hosts of the show advertised as taking a "look back" at President Obama's four years in office, could easily be mistaken for a Republican attack ad. It was aired multiple times throughout the show.

"We decided to take a look back at the president's first term to see if it lived up to hope and change," host Gretchen Carlson asked at one point, introducing the video.

In the video —which is labeled as a "Fox and Friends Presents" production — viewers see images of Obama talking about jobs contrasted with footage of homeless people. There is dark, foreboding music, and statistics about the unemployment rate, the rise in the number of food stamps, and the national debt, among other things.

Some media critics were outraged by the video. The Baltimore Sun's David Zurawik denounced it, calling it reminiscent of "1930s propaganda":

So your only problem with free speech is when someone says something you don't like. We get it.

I didn't say anything about free speech. Fox can say what they wish. Just don't call it "fair and balanced" journalism; because, it's not.

If you are biased yet give more voice to the other side relative to your peers, then, yes, you can say that you are Fair and Balanced. How fair and balanced was ABC when they aired the President's Town Hall Meeting on Healthcare and did not allow nor permit reubuttle....paid or unpaid???

No they are not

The networks, PBS and CNN set high journalistic standards and are recognized around the globe for their journalistic integrity...Fox News is not

Theyt are also recognized around the globe for falling short of reasonable journalistic standards and having compromised their journalistic integrity.

Only by conservatives

In terms of award winning journalism, FoxNews consistently falls short

Just ask any liberal.

Forum List

Back