FoxNews Kicks Ass in Ratings, Yet Again...

I watched the New Year count down on Fox and you had to wonder what the hell they were thinking. Kim Gullfoyle and Eric Bolling were chatting with Donald Trump during the last couple of minutes of 2015 and Trump, who was in Fla. couldn't hear them. About 25 seconds before 2016, Trump's daughter was mid way into an inane comment while the seconds were ticking by. It was so poorly done that I longed for good old Dick Clark.
You never watched Guy Lombardo and his band do New Year Eve?

I watched the New Year count down on Fox and you had to wonder what the hell they were thinking. Kim Gullfoyle and Eric Bolling were chatting with Donald Trump during the last couple of minutes of 2015 and Trump, who was in Fla. couldn't hear them. About 25 seconds before 2016, Trump's daughter was mid way into an inane comment while the seconds were ticking by. It was so poorly done that I longed for good old Dick Clark.

I think you long just for dick

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yeah Guy Lombardo and his Royal Canadians were a staple of New Years during the 50's. The point I tried to make is that Guilfoyle and Bolling might be entertaining political analysts but they thoroughly screwed up as New Years eve hosts. A magician and a no-name singer were the entertainment highlites and for some reason Fox thought we might like to listen to Trump's daughter during the ten second countdown. I hope Fox does a better job next year or I might try to find drunken Chris Matthews.

I'm sure the Ed Schultz show on MSNBC is kicking ass....
And let's not forget Al Sharpton daily show....
Given time they might cut into FOX's dominance....

And I almost forgot that rising star Hottie Krystal Balls.....

Krystal ball.jpg

Nobody watches cable news. They have never had all that large of an audience.

I watch if there is some kind of disaster or a terrorist attack or something like that, just because they have the latest breaking news, live footage, all of that stuff. Other than that, I never watch cable news. I watch my local news in the morning and get other international news online.

What's the point? Fox has a large audience? Or is the OP selling Fox stock? Or, even though everyone concedes the Right Wing bias in Fox reporting, is the point that our bias is fine, but other's bias is silly?

If ratings were a score of accuracy and lack of bias, would Fox still have large numbers? Are ratings a score of journalistic integrity? Of quality?

If that were true, couldn't it be argued that Lady Gaga is a greater musical force than Mozart based on album sled?

What's the point? Fox has a large audience? Or is the OP selling Fox stock? Or, even though everyone concedes the Right Wing bias in Fox reporting, is the point that our bias is fine, but other's bias is silly?

If ratings were a score of accuracy and lack of bias, would Fox still have large numbers? Are ratings a score of journalistic integrity? Of quality?

If that were true, couldn't it be argued that Lady Gaga is a greater musical force than Mozart based on album sled?

People listen to what they want to hear.

If fox is #1 then fox viewers have no problems with the others otherwise they ate hypocrites.

Funny that nobody ever questioned the notion at the time that Cronkite was "the most trusted man" back in the 60's. Ratings are just ratings and progressives have never stopped whining since Dan Rather was ousted as Cronkite successor and CNN became just another liberal rant and the phrase "fair and balanced" was embraced by Americans.

Zackly. Generally, integrity and high ratings pull in opposite directions. More McBurgers are sold than sprigs of broccoli, therefore a McBurger must be better for ya. Not.

People listen to what they want to hear.

Or in the case of music per the analogy --- what the money machine allows them to hear...

What a lot of liberals are too stupid to realize is you can't compare FNC's ratings with ABC, NBC or CBS. Why? Apples to Oranges. FNC is cable only, you MUST pay for TV, and substantially I might add, to get it. (its usually not offered on basic cable or the lowest tier of Dish or DirecTV) The other 3 are free to anyone with a TV and an antenna. That's like saying people like hamburgers more than pizza because they ate more hamburgers, but forget to mention that YOU'RE GIVING AWAY THE HAMBURGERS but everyone who wants any has to pay for the pizza.

CNN finished No. 22 in prime time and No. 20 in total day, while MSNBC ranked No. 26 in both categories. FNC, CNN and MSNBC all improved their position compared to last year and FNC becomes the first news network to ever finish among the Top 3 in basic cable.

The operative words in your post are "BASIC CABLE" That's kinda like the children's table.

Here's the real scoop, liberals are completely uninformed. Fox viewers used to think they were informed until they started listening to mark levin and finally woke up to the fox news rino agenda. Now it's obvious. I no longer watch fox. Cut the cable cord altogether now.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk

You picked the appropriate name to use.

Where's the lame-stream lying fucking media on this list, you know, ABC, PMSNBC, CBS, etc. - CNN?

Idiots.

2015 Cable Network Ranker: FNC No. 2 for the Year
Stupid moronic action films make more money than thoughtful, creative, artistic films. All it mans when Fox has more viewers than other news programs have is that there are a lot of dumbass people watching it for 'entertainment' than there are intelligent, thoughtful people watching other news programs. Fox appeals to the lowest element, intellectually, in our nation.

Forum List

Back