Fox Vs Cnn

Discussion in 'Middle East - General' started by gaffer, May 18, 2005.

1. gaffer

gaffer Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +44
    At work they have TV's at various points throughout the building. They are all set to CNN Headline news.

Today I took note that Zoucoward had made a tape and released it on the internet. But I also noted the way he is presented on CNN. While FOX shows the dark grimacing face of this killer, CNN shows a color photo of him smiling and another of him looking to the side and laughing looking like a fine upstanding man. My first impression was look its the HAPPY TERRORIST.

All the FOX broadcast on him show him scowling and nasty looking like the monster he is. CNN dresses him up like Barney, all they needed was the tune "Why Can't We Be Friends" playing while they showed the pictures and everyone would feel good.

Damn liberals are going to turn me into an athiest radical right wing conservative.

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  2. krisy

krisy Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +112
    Don't feel bad,gafer. I too am furious,with the media as a whole.I'm waiting for dinner to get done tonight ,so I go flip on Fox News and Brit Hume was on. Good. As I sat there watching,I just couldn't believe what I was hearing. The problem wasn't Brit at all,but the clip he was playing. It was a press conference yesterday with Scott McClellan(sp?),the poor guy that has to face the jackass press everyday and answer the silly ass questions for the Pres. Anyway,this cocky ass s.o.b. from ABC stands up and basically asks Scott who the Pres and the White House think they are telling Newsweek mag and the media what they should write.He asked "who made you editor in chief"? The guy was such an asshole about it,even Bill O'Reilly said if he would have been there,he would have slapped the guy.Then,some woman stands up(don't remember which brilliant publication she was from).and asks something like-"can we really blame Newsweek for what happened,or was it our fault anyway because the rest of the world had such a low opinion of us anyway". That was the jist of it. I don't think I have ever cursed the t.v. so bad!!! The press is now covering for the guys at Newsweek,and has decided it is the White House's fault this all happened. WTF?!!!!! I just can't take them anymore. It's pathetic biased crap and nothing more.

3. nakedemperor

nakedemperor Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +150
    What does which file photo they happen to have on this guy have to do with the story they report? Unless they portrayed him as a victim and not a terrorist, this seems like a Fox viewer reaching for something to complain about CNN.

4. Annie

Annie Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +4,770
    Terry MORAN (Moron) is the ABC 'reporter?' :rolleyes:

5. krisy

krisy Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +112

What a nice name. Was he a jerk or what?!!! The press has taken their supposed objectivity to the point of being rude. Just plain rude.

6. krisy

krisy Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +112

One does not have to reach far to find bias at CNN,Emperor. The bias at CNN is so in your face,you can't help but notice.

7. Annie

Annie Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +4,770
    To make your night, thanks to Hugh Hewitt we have a transcript:

http://www.radioblogger.com/#000697

8. Annie

Annie Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +4,770
    2 of 2

9. Trinity

Trinity VIP Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +79

[​IMG]

10. nakedemperor

nakedemperor Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +150
    CNN is probably bias. 'In your face biased'.. not so much. I worked at CNN news last summer. The file photos are dug up and selected by interns, based entirely on clarity and how up to date they are. They're given to the production team who scans and edits them into footage.

If there isn't a photo on file, it is again the *interns* who get on the wire, generally AP, and find a photo, again also selected almost entirely on how up-to-date the image is. When getting photos from the press, you're working with pros, so the images are pretty much all fit for screen.

So yeah, I doubt this is a manifestation of a liberal bias at CNN, even if one exists. Cheers.