Fox Selectively Edits Video To Attack Common Core Educational Standards

hazlnut

Gold Member
Sep 18, 2012
Chicago

Fox News used a selectively edited video to falsely claim an Obama administration education initiative, Common Core, would reward students for getting math problems wrong.

Co-host Steve Doocy falsely claimed that the video revealed students could answer math questions incorrectly and still "get it right" under Common Core, simply if they "explained" their wrong answer to their teacher. Guest co-host Anna Kooiman furthered the attack by suggesting a student who learned math under Common Core might become "a doctor and operat[e] on the wrong knee."

They do the conservative version of Michael Moore 24/7 -- misleading their sheep into voting against their self-interest.

Fox News used a selectively edited video to falsely claim an Obama administration education initiative, Common Core, would reward students for getting math problems wrong.

Co-host Steve Doocy falsely claimed that the video revealed students could answer math questions incorrectly and still "get it right" under Common Core, simply if they "explained" their wrong answer to their teacher. Guest co-host Anna Kooiman furthered the attack by suggesting a student who learned math under Common Core might become "a doctor and operat[e] on the wrong knee."

They do the conservative version of Michael Moore 24/7 -- misleading their sheep into voting against their self-interest.

edited but I wouldn't call it a severe misinterpretation.

No one needs Fox News to know that this thing is really bad for the education of our kids.

The Parents and some Teachers are speaking out against it.
Many States are getting it canceled.
The new test scores are abysmal.
Those that are for it are using excuses for the low test scores.
They say you can't use the old test scores. Well they aren't, it is a brand new test and they failed it.

The Impact of Common Core on Math will ensure failureSave America Foundation

Another Media Matters scoop. You could say that the tax exempt clearly left wing propaganda entity known as Media Matters is in the business of selectively editing video, audio and written material. That's what they freaking do.

Yep.

I don't know anything about common core. It sounds like another scam though. Rewarding kids for trying instead of getting stuff right is focusing upon the lowest common denominator of education. We need to stop getting behind cheesy platitudes like no child left behind and get back to you're responsible for your shit.

I don't know anything about common core. It sounds like another scam though. Rewarding kids for trying instead of getting stuff right is focusing upon the lowest common denominator of education. We need to stop getting behind cheesy platitudes like no child left behind and get back to you're responsible for your shit.

This is just dumb, deliberate demagoguery. All my best math teachers stressed mastery of the process of problem solving over strict accuracy in calculation. Accuracy still 'counted', but not as much as an understanding of the approach to solving complex problems. That's all I'm really seeing here, despite the assclowns trying to make it into something else.

This is just dumb, deliberate demagoguery. All my best math teachers stressed mastery of the process of problem solving over strict accuracy in calculation. Accuracy still 'counted', but not as much as an understanding of the approach to solving complex problems. That's all I'm really seeing here, despite the assclowns trying to make it into something else.
Exactly! And this has always been the case. It is the way I was taught in a private Catholic school in the 1950s.

For example, in my high school physics class we might be given a problem on the gas laws. We are given a 10 point question with a certain volume of a gas at a certain temperature and pressure and told to calculate the new volume at a different temp and pressure. If the problem is set up properly but an arithmetic error is made, one point is deducted for the wrong answer and 9 points are awarded for correctly setting up the problem which demonstrates the proper understanding of the gas laws. On the other hand, if the problem was set up wrong but somehow you got the correct answer you got 1 point for the right answer and lost 9 points for setting it up wrong

Last edited:

Actually dickwipe; it's anti demagoguery. Maybe, if you had made an effort to learn things right more than worrying about the proverbial pat on the back, you might get that.

And while math teachers actually do focus on the process for the sake of being able to do more advanced techniques later; they do not put a premium on the process over the getting the answer right. At least no respectable math teacher does that. I don't know what ghetto school you went to to think otherwise. But, you sound like a butt fucking moron to say otherwise. So, don't bring your bull shit 'ass clown' stuff at me, son. Cos I know a fucking chump tool when I hear one.

Exactly! And this has always been the case. It is the way I was taught in a private Catholic school in the 1950s.

For example, in my high school physics class we might be given a problem on the gas laws. We are given a 10 point question with a certain volume of a gas at a certain temperature and pressure and told to calculate the new volume at a different temp and pressure. If the problem is set up properly but an arithmetic error is made, one point is deducted for the wrong answer and 9 points are awarded for correctly setting up the problem which demonstrates the proper understanding of the gas laws. On the other hand, if the problem was set up wrong but somehow you got the correct answer you got 1 point for the right answer and lost 9 points for setting it up wrong

You're still in high school? That explains so much. And you have a retarded teacher who rewards carelessness if you are getting 9 of 10 points for a wrong answer.

Last edited:

You're still in high school? That explains so much. And you have a retarded teacher who rewards carelessness if you are getting 9 of 10 points for a wrong answer.
Talk about retarded!!!

And I suppose the teacher who gives 9 of 10 points for the correct answer, when the problem is set up wrong and the answer was probably had by copying off someone else's paper, is a genius to you. :cuckoo: But then again, cheating is always the ideal to the Right!

Last edited:
Well at least they didn't do something stupid like crop a photo of a gun-carrying rally member to hide the fact that he's a Negro. Or, edit a 911 call to make someone sound like a racist rather than simply answering an operator's question.

Boy, this Gotcha Game is fun, huh?

Wow that was pretty pathetic.

You guys are all about imagined motives, aren't you. "Trying" to make you look racist..horrors! Cropping a photo to *hide* the color of the gun owner! LOLOL!! What you're really saying is..

"We're racist and you keep catching us".

Gotcha indeed, what an idiot.

Forum List

Back